Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R16-Italy v Spain-27th June-Kick Off-5pm

R16-Italy v Spain-27th June-Kick Off-5pm

Italy came top of their group thanks to that early win against Belgium while Spain had a shock 2-1 defeat by Croatia and only finished as runners up.
    Will the holders get their act again together against the Italians?

Re: R16-Italy v Spain-27th June-Kick Off-5pm

This should be the best game of the tournament ,not because either team are great ,but because they match up well style wise and mentally.
    Both teams like to feign a lot and are pretty desperate in their acts in order to get a result.
    Looking forward to this match and i feel Italy will win it!

The winners of tonight's match will play against Germany in the quarter finals!
    I think that Spain are the only side who are capable of beating the world champions but wont be easy to get past the Italians defence tonight.
    I predict Alvaro Morata to have a big game as he played with Juventus and knows his opponents.

Teams

Italy
    1 G. Buffon
    15 A. Barzagli
    19 L. Bonucci
    3 G. Chiellini
    2 M. De Sciglio
    16 D. De Rossi
    18 M. Parolo
    8 A. Florenzi
    9 G. Pellè
    17 E. Martins
    23 E. Giaccherini

Spain
    13 De Gea
    15 Sergio Ramos
    16 Juanfran
    3 Piqué
    18 Jordi Alba
    10 Fàbregas
    6 Iniesta
    21 David Silva
    5 Busquets
    22 Nolito
    7 Álvaro Morata

HT

Italy 1-0 Spain

Chiellini 33'

Excellent first half from Italy in Paris while the Spanish were complete rubbish

So Germany has to face their bogey team in the quaterfinals.. I think out of all teams, Italy and Belgium are the teams who are able to beat them...
    Spain looked pretty bored throughout the match .. Italy was the better team and deserved to go through

FT

Italy 2-0 Spain
    1-0 Chiellini 33'
    2-0 Pellè 90'

It was a deserved win by Italy who were by far the better team against a very poor Spanish side today.

Spain's manager Del Bosque must take the blame for some poor decisions like not bringing on Pedro with more time to play.

A gripping game and a masterclass of Italian football at its best, Conte going nuts on the touchline was quite funny but it shows the passion of the man besides the astute tactical mind (oh b*llocks, Chelsea have hooked a good one there). Spain certainly perked up second half and I thought an equaliser was nailed on, but fair play to that calm and assured Italian defence, they never looked panicked. Italy impressive, contenders for the tournament title all day long.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Had a bet on Hungary to draw with Belgium for my first Euro bet, so managed to make my second one as ITALY to beat Spain in normal time @ 10/3. Won me just short of £70.

Italy looking impressive once again. remarkable when you consider they were written off by many before the tournament. yet again they demonstrate that a defined plan, system and methodology is always preferable to star individuals.

they broke the Spanish down with ease and denied them possession in a way that you rarely see. they have this amazing knack of seemingly having ten men behind the ball and then, five seconds later, launching an attack with four or five players bursting forward.

players playing for each other and their country. a proper international side. a real delight to watch and it's a great shame that their game against Germany isn't the final as, on what I've seen, both sides deserve to be there.

goodbye to Spain, once again.