Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QF-Poland v Portugal-30th June-Kick Off-8pm

QF-Poland v Portugal-30th June-Kick Off-8pm

Poland needed penalties to beat Switzerland in the last 16 and their star striker Lewandowski has
    still been unable to find the net while Portugal needed a late goal to beat Croatia in what was possibly worst match in Euro's.
    who will be the lucky team that reaches the semi finals?

Re: QF-Poland v Portugal-30th June-Kick Off-8pm

hands up who is going to put money on a 0-0?

it's oddly true that I thought about that

I'm going for a draw with this, not a 0-0 but a 1-1. I've a bit of a soft spot for Poland as I work with quite a few Polish people, a bit like their team tremendous grafters. It is always a pleasure to see Ronaldo and company get beat, so I just hope the Poles find their shooting boots if it comes to pens.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I also like the Polish and hope that they can raise their game against Portugal and knock out Ronaldo and his big ego out of the tournament as they don't deserve to even be in the quarter finals!
    I predict a 1-0 win for Poland.

FT

Poland 1-1 Portugal
    1-0 Lewandoswki 2'
    1-1 Sanches 33'

Portugal win 5-3 on penalties after AET

What a boring match

Portugal somehow manage to reach the semi finals after
    drawing all 3 of their group games,beating Croatia with a late goal in another bore fest and now edging past Poland on pens

The most exciting moment was when some bloke ran on the pitch and appeared to be heading towards Ronaldo.

it's ridiculous that this portuguese team is in the semis and either Germany or Italy won't be....

They always seem to stumble they way through tournaments, this is their 4th semi final in 5 tournaments and I can rarely remember being impressed with them. Thankfully I didn't bother getting up for this one but like everyone I wasn't remotely surprised to see it went to pens. Hopefully Wales get through and put them to the sword

Yeah, not one for the neutral fan this game, a poor QF to say the least. The penalties were taken with confidence and style though, even the one the keeper saved was okay, England should study that video for the WC! ...if we manage to qualify for the WC that is, useless fucking twats.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!