Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QF-Germany v Italy-2nd July-Kick Off-8pm

QF-Germany v Italy-2nd July-Kick Off-8pm

Germany had a comfortable 3-0 win against Slovakia in their last 16 tie and are yet to concede a goal in the competition plus
    Mario Gomez who is back in the team is starting to score again while Italy had a deserved 2-0 victory against Spain to knock out the holders.
    Can the Italians repeat that display against the Germans?

Re: QF-Germany v Italy-2nd July-Kick Off-8pm

Italy is the bogey team for Germany.. if any team might be able to beat them, then it is Italy..
    I personally hope Germany doesn't shit their pants again and perform up to their abilities this time..

Certainly the best game of the QFs, I expect this to be very tight. I'd like to be able to bottle the mentality of the Germans when it comes to tournament football, and let the England players have a swig. The Italians looked very impressive in the game against Spain, highly disciplined and able to break extremely rapidly, however the Germans will be equal to them I fancy. 1-1 draw I suspect, all the way to penalties and who would back against the Germans when it comes to penalties?
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Have just heard on radio that the last time Germany beat Italy in a tournament was way back in 1962!
    Italians have 4 wins and 4 draws against them.

I think that with both keepers as in Bufon and Neur being in such fine form plus the defences also that there wont
    be many goals in this match and we could even go to extra time and penalties but i still think this will be a quality game and best of the QF's

I predict Germany to win on pens

Teams

Germany
    1 M. Neuer
    17 J. Boateng
    4 B. Höwedes
    5 M. Hummels
    3 J. Hector
    8 M. Özil
    6 S. Khedira
    18 T. Kroos
    21 J. Kimmich
    23 M. Gómez
    13 T. Müller

Italy
    1 G. Buffon
    15 A. Barzagli
    19 L. Bonucci
    3 G. Chiellini
    2 M. De Sciglio
    18 M. Parolo
    14 S. Sturaro
    8 A. Florenzi
    9 G. Pellč
    17 E. Martins
    23 E. Giaccherini

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Certainly the best game of the QFs, I expect this to be very tight. I'd like to be able to bottle the mentality of the Germans when it comes to tournament football, and let the England players have a swig. The Italians looked very impressive in the game against Spain, highly disciplined and able to break extremely rapidly, however the Germans will be equal to them I fancy. 1-1 draw I suspect, all the way to penalties and who would back against the Germans when it comes to penalties?
    Ladies and gentlemen, ey thank you!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

FT

Germany 1-1 Italy
    1-0 Ozil 65'
    1-1 Bonucci (PG) 76'

Germany win 6-5 on pens after extra time.

What a terrible penalty shoot out,one of the worst i have ever seen.

That spot kick from Zaza was just a joke,he was jumping up and down like a mad man and deserved to miss it

It was another boring game that neither side deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    FT

Germany 1-1 Italy
    1-0 Ozil 65'
    1-1 Bonucci (PG) 76'

Germany win 6-5 on pens after extra time.

What a terrible penalty shoot out,one of the worst i have ever seen.

That spot kick from Zaza was just a joke,he was jumping up and down like a mad man and deserved to miss it

It was another boring game that neither side deserved to win.
    totally disagree.. Germany was the better team, because they created some chances after all and did a good job defensively too.. Italy had very few to none! But they defended exceptionally well and made it hard for Germany...
    so the only opportunities Italy was hoping for at some point were set-plays .. and of course Boateng gifted them that stupid handball penalty ...

I thought this was an amazing penalty shoot out with multiple twists.. when Schweinsteiger missed his penalty I really thought it was over..
    my pulse is still so high lmao

but I can imagine that this game in regular time was a bit boring to watch, because both defenses did so good..

..4/7 of the missed penalties were shooten by Premier League players

I forgot to mention the dread full hand ball by Boateng, maybe he thought he was playing basket ball the way he had both of his arms up in the air like that!
    At least he made up for it by scoring in the shoot out.