Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QF-Germany v Italy-2nd July-Kick Off-8pm

Re: QF-Germany v Italy-2nd July-Kick Off-8pm

I forgot to mention the dread full hand ball by Boateng, maybe he thought he was playing basket ball the way he had both of his arms up in the air like that!
    At least he made up for it by scoring in the shoot out.

Df

Quote Originally Posted by Simply
    ..4/7 of the missed penalties were shooten by Premier League players
    it's not where you ply your trade in this case its what you are made of inside and what we witnessed last night was a bottle job festival pal.
    What that Zaza was doing i don't know ,but it looked to me the desperate actions of a player who had not touched the ball up until that spot kick.
    That's what happens when you bring a player on with 3 minutes left in the game ,you bring him on earlier and he could have prevented the penalty shoot out all.
    I''m going to put this out there right now Conte will be exposed as an average manager once he comes to our league. I don't care what he's done in Seria A or here with a team performing out of this skin for national pride ,the hype will yet again be doused by the career sobering premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    it's not where you ply your trade in this case its what you are made of inside and what we witnessed last night was a bottle job festival pal.
    What that Zaza was doing i don't know ,but it looked to me the desperate actions of a player who had not touched the ball up until that spot kick.
    That's what happens when you bring a player on with 3 minutes left in the game ,you bring him on earlier and he could have prevented the penalty shoot out all.
    I''m going to put this out there right now Conte will be exposed as an average manager once he comes to our league. I don't care what he's done in Seria A or here with a team performing out of this skin for national pride ,the hype will yet again be doused by the career sobering premiership.
    I wasn't serious about this =) ... I agree with Conte by the way... it's not always the trainer that makes the team so good

Df

2 by Man United players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvBKddDBjY
    Seems like Schweinsteiger wanted to face the italian fans for the penalties..

as has been noted, a complete shambles of a shootout. funnily enough, up until this game the standard of penalties in each shoot out has pretty much been brilliant so i was very surprised to see these two serve that up.

gutted for Italy but i have a soft spot for Germany and so wasn't too sad to see Hector bury his penalty - just.

injuries mounting for the Germans though.