Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QF-France v Iceland-3rd July-Kick Off-8pm

QF-France v Iceland-3rd July-Kick Off-8pm

France beat Ireland 2-1 in their last 16 tie thanks to 2 goals from the in form Griezmann while Pogba who is so highly rated by some has
    yet to set the tournament alight while Iceland had a famous 2-1 win against a pathetic England side coming from a 1-0 down to win 2-1 in Nice.
    Can the Viking warriors cause another upset?

Re: QF-France v Iceland-3rd July-Kick Off-8pm

I hope so

Yep, it has been a fine and long held tradition that the English and the French have a mutual dislike of each other, so I'll be supporting the Icelanders. The head says France all day, but the fact is they haven't really looked that good in any game so far, so it is perfectly possible Iceland could give them a hard time. However, home team to win is the call, 2-0 to France.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

If Iceland play as well as they did against England i see no reason why they couldn't beat France also who haven't been that impressive to be honest.
    I will be backing the vikings.

I can't see France being as foolish as us in letting the Icelandics emerge victorious.

of course France haven't been brilliant but they have been getting the job done, winning every game except one. with the tournament at the business end now I can't see them letting this slip.

I'm expecting a comfortable win for them and a dignified exit for the underdog.

Teams

France
    1 H. Lloris
    19 B. Sagna
    3 P. Evra
    21 L. Koscielny
    22 S. Umtiti
    14 B. Matuidi
    8 D. Payet
    18 M. Sissoko
    15 P. Pogba
    9 O. Giroud
    7 A. Griezmann

Iceland
    1 H. Halldˇrsson
    6 R. Sigur­sson
    2 B. SŠvarsson
    23 A. Sk˙lason
    8 B. Bjarnason
    14 K. ┴rnason
    17 A. Gunnarsson
    7 J. Gu­munds*son
    10 G. Sigur­sson
    9 K. Sig■ˇrsson
    15 J. B÷­varsson

Feel really sorry for Iceland right now ,but the quality had to override the adrenalin at some point in this tournament.
    Can't really get over excited about Frances performance as this is what they are supposed to do against a team of this calibre.
    I just hope there is not too much of a drubbing in the second half ,regardless Iceland can go home with their heads held high after their experience here.They have given their country a massive boost in esteem and you couldn't ask for more as player . Job done Iceland .

HT

France 4-0 Iceland

Is the comeback on?!

France 4-1 Iceland at start of 2nd period.

Fair play to Iceland. They have done their country proud and will go home as heroes. Apparently there has been a huge parade arranged for them..................through the streets of Glasgow!.