France 5-2 Iceland
    1-0 Giroud 12'
    2-0 Pogba 19'
    3-0 Payet 42'
    4-0 Griezmann 45'
    4-1 Sig■ˇrsson 56'
    5-1 Giroud 59'
    5-2 Bjarnason 84'

France put in their best display of the tournament so far and will now meet Germany in the semi finals.

Well done to Iceland, they may have lost but never gave up and their fans and Viking roar will always be remembered in these Euros.

Re: QF-France v Iceland-3rd July-Kick Off-8pm

Yeah, well done Iceland, they got a bit of dicking from France but at least they went down with a fight which was pretty much all I was asking for from England rather than the tame capitulation that transpired. France vs Germany will be a tasty semi final, right now my instinct says Germany to go through, though it will be a competitive match, hard to call.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    thank f*ck we didn't face this France team

the Icelandics saved us from ourselves by sending us home early it seems. France still defensively suspect but they carved their opponents open with ease which is remarkable given our own inefficiencies in that regard.
    I see it different ! I think England would have stepped up for France ,whereas they couldn't get it up for Iceland.
    Losing to Iceland is one thing ,Losing to France is another, historically speaking.

The French would have totally massacred England ,all this talk of it being a different game
    against France is totally ridiculous and spawned from this countries inability to accept the
    truth ,even when their national team's failure has been practically printed and embossed
    on a flag the rest of Europe can wave around with glee.

I'm pretty sure England could lose every group match by 0-3 and specnur would still beleive they'd be capable to win against any other team out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur

I see it different ! I think England would have stepped up for France ,whereas they couldn't get it up for Iceland.
    Losing to Iceland is one thing ,Losing to France is another, historically speaking.
    mate, have you seen our tournament record? which game of Hodgson's era did we step up for exactly? there was no precedent for it and no likelihood of that happening out of the blue.

they didn't get it up for a single game in this or the last tournament but suddenly they're going to get a surge of belief for this game? I don't buy it.

Losers to the very end.
    Well it's kind pot the same psychological trend that has a relegated team like Birmingham beat Arsenal ,Or Newcastle hammer Spurs
    Fear of getting embarrassed sometimes make splatters step up . When you are faced with the best you tend to be more focussed ,you only need to look at your own team last season for a better example mate.