Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SF-Portugal v Wales-6th July-Kick Off-8pm

SF-Portugal v Wales-6th July-Kick Off-8pm

Portugal have some how managed to reach the semi finals without playing well and their star man still out of sorts.
    Wales put in a brilliant display against Belgium in the quarter finals and deservedly beat them 3-1 to reach their first ever semi final
    Which Madrid star will come out on top in this game, Ronaldo or Bale? The Welsh will also be without Ramsey who is suspended which is a massive blow.
    Can the Dragons do it again?

Re: SF-Portugal v Wales-6th July-Kick Off-8pm

Teams

Portugal
    1 Rui Patrício
    2 Bruno Alves
    4 José Fonte
    21 Cédric Soares
    5 Raphaël Guerreiro
    17 Nani
    23 Adrien Silva
    13 Danilo Pereira
    10 João Mário
    16 Renato Sanches
    7 Cristiano Ronaldo

Wales
    1 W. Hennessey
    19 J. Collins
    2 C. Gunter
    3 N. Taylor
    6 A. Williams
    5 J. Chester
    11 G. Bale
    8 A. King
    16 J. Ledley
    9 H. Robson-Kanu
    7 J. Allen

2-1 to Portugal was my forecast in the predictions game, I just think this one will be a 'bridge too far' for the Welsh. Sorry, still can't whip up any enthusiastic support for the Wales team, I'm just a Little Englander I suppose!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Poor game, but at least the first half gave me time to catch up with emails etc. Fine opening goal by Ronaldo, he rose like a salmon to nod it in, he won the BS 'contest' with Bale who was pretty ineffective. You can't complain that Portugal didn't deserve the win, and to be honest they will give the team in the final a sterner examination than Wales would ever be able to manage.

Thought bale played Ok. Some good runs,shots and passes. He had a better overall game than ronaldo. Ronaldos goal was a top header though. Portugal were the better side and deserved the win

FT

Portugal 2-0 Wales
    1-0 Ronaldo 50'
    2-0 Nani 53'

Wales worst performance in the tournament but they were missing one of the Euros best players in Ramsey.

Brilliant leap and header from Ronaldo for his goal.

The Welsh will return home to Cardiff tomorrow as heroes to an open bus top parade and a free concert from Manic street preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams

The Welsh will return home to Cardiff tomorrow as heroes to an open bus top parade and a free concert from Manic street preachers.
    If that were us the team would need brollies when they got back...
    Without celebrating failure, maybe we can still learn a thing or two from the Irish, Welsh and Scottish fans who always seem to have more fun than us, the bitter negativity that surrounds England in tournaments sucks all the joy out of the experience sometimes.

I thought it was a decent tournament for the british teams after all

Decent tournament for us the irish as well

Probably the worst performance by Bale i have ever seen. Absolutely shocking!
    Well done though Wales ,if Ramsey;'s there Wales win.