Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SF-Germany v France-7th July-Kick Off-8pm

Re: SF-Germany v France-7th July-Kick Off-8pm

FT

Germany 0-2 France
    0-1 Griezmann (PG) 45'
    0-2 Griezmann 72'

Hosts France will play against Portugal in the final on Sunday!

The French defended well in the 2nd half and the Germans just couldn't find a way through.

I was expecting more from the World champions in this tournament and have been disappointed with them to be honest.

Pretty good game this one !
    Best players out there were Koscielny and Ozil for me! What a coincidence
    I think Sane should have come on at the half. His energy was great ,but so little time to have a real effect on the game.
    Anyway the better the better team won and that's what counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    HT

Germany 0-1 France

How the feck could that have been a penalty?!

Trust Thierry Henry in the studio to say that he thought it was a spot kick

I'm sure if Germany play like they did in first half they will get back into game in 2nd period.
    Definate penalty for me. Every player should know that if you put your hands up in the air when a ball is flying in from a corner you risk giving away a penalty.

You have to say the French are clear favourites for the trophy now. Cant see them slipping up against Portugal, but if i were Ronaldo i would be hiring someone to check every bit of food given to me from now til Sunday!.

Barcelona look to have got a good defender there in umtiti. Won't be sure though until he plays a few games with less protection than he had tonight

..I'm pretty gutted..

France had some solid first 10 minutes, but then got completely dominated by Germany.. as Pickle stated at some point the ref decided to root for France, gave this ridiculous penalty to the french team who couldn't take a breath in that phase of the game.. in my opinion you CAN give that penalty though, Schweinsteigers hand is not supposed to be there..

Quote Originally Posted by Simply
    ..I'm pretty gutted..

France had some solid first 10 minutes, but then got completely dominated by Germany.. as Pickle stated at some point the ref decided to root for France, gave this ridiculous penalty to the french team who couldn't take a breath in that phase of the game.. in my opinion you CAN give that penalty though, Schweinsteigers hand is not supposed to be there..
    This angle does not tell the story Simply and you know that ,man up!
    That was a penalty all day! That's what you get for leading with your arm . The man headed the ball into the direction of the box but his hand ,in an unnatural position , prevented it from taking it't natural course .

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    This angle does not tell the story Simply and you know that ,man up!
    That was a penalty all day! That's what you get for leading with your arm . The man headed the ball into the direction of the box but his hand ,in an unnatural position , prevented it from taking it't natural course .
    the thing is I am a 100% sure he wouldn't have blown the whistle if it was Germany to get a penalty... he continued to give France ridiculous free kicks and didn't blow the whistle when Germany would have deserved one... this went like this until the 80th minute or so, when he finally decided to act normal again..

as Pickle stated Germany was the better team, but at some point of the game they seemed to be broken, as it was too hard to play against 11 + 1 ..

it was also disastrous for Germany to again lose a key player with Boateng... it's just too much for any team to lose so many important players...
    they were missing Hummels, Boateng, Khedira and Gomez for their starting line up - Reus and Gundogan would have started too if they were available....

just imagine what would have happened to France if they had to play without Griezmann, Pogba, Payet and Koscielny at the same time?!

..In my opinion the better team lost this match... there are so much factors that led to this, it's hard to summarize actually..
    I already pointed out the terrible performance of the ref and the missing players from Germany..

but of course the brilliant performances of Griezmann and Lloris did their part.... Lloris pulled out some huge saves and Griezmann underlined with his performance that there is no question who will be the player of the tournament...

I also think Loew should not have let Kroos play as an attacking midfielder, replacing his original role with Emre Can... Can wasn't terrible, but this readjustment for the team wasn't necessary by any means... it just wasted time for Germany to get warm with this lineup again...

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    come on Simply, that was a definite penalty. I'm baffled that it is even being questioned. Schweinsteiger does a near full 'salute' ( , ) and the ball unquestionably hits his arm. after Boateng, he was a moron for having his arm in that position and the ref did brilliantly to spot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply
    in my opinion you CAN give that penalty though, Schweinsteigers hand is not supposed to be there..
    I did not question the penalty Steely, I just doubt Germany would have gotten the call if it favoured them, as the ref continued to give France advantages...
    Kroos didn't get a penalty for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHVRwzaWEE .. yes, he managed to get a shot of and fell afterwards, but if you look closely you see Pogba kicking his leg before he takes the shot...
    the only question should have been if it was a penalty or a freekick, but the ref didn't mind whistling at all...

and this pattern continued until the 80th minute, when Germany was exhausted and their spirit broken... I sat there in my pub and predicted the refs calls right one after another..
    I remember exactly a corner for Germany, where 2 french guys went to the ground and the ref called offensive foul.. the replay exposed that there was NOTHING and those french players just fell because of each other