Thread: WC-Slovakia v England-4th September-5pm

WC-Slovakia v England-4th September-5pm

Sam Allardyce's first match as England manager is a WC qualifier away in Slovakia on Sunday.

The 3 Lions could only draw 0-0 with them during the Euros and just could not break them down.

The good news is that they will be without Weiss who is injured but their star player Hamsik is still a class act.

We should win this by 2-0 if all the players perform at their best but will there be a hangover from the Iceland defeat?

Re: WC-Slovakia v England-4th September-5pm

England team

....................Hart.......................... ..............

Walker..........Cahill.......Stones............... ....Rose

....................Dier.......................... ..............

Sterling....Henderson,....Rooney................La llana

......................Kane........................ .........

Here we go again! I've just been listening to Five Live pundits talking about Sam bringing "confidence" back to the team, and putting "round pegs in round holes", I suppose we have to put a positive spin on it but the feeling of Deja vu is strong! Obviously I hope the Spurs quartet have good games, and I'd like to see England win well. 0-2 will do very nicely, come on England!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I'm failing to see a single thing that fat face Sam has brought into this England team.

This could be Hodgson's setup.

Zero difference so far.

Beating an inferior team with a man down and scoring with the last kick if the game - makes me proud!

Any England win is a good England win in my book. I'm not going to slag Allardyce, it's not as though anyone is expecting him to revolutionise the way we play, he hasn't made any claims that he will do so. He said before the game started a point wouldn't be a bad thing, what were we expecting ffs?? I'm sure we'll qualify from the group, then stink up the WC, Sam will get the sack and we'll start all over again - great fun!
    Seriously though, these were the same players who struggled against Slovakia in the Euros a few months ago, a highly defensive outfit at home, a win is a good result.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

FT

Slovakia 0-1 England
    0-1 Lallana 95'

I thought it was going to be a repeat of that dreadful match in the Euros against Slovakia but thank god we scored that injury time winner which we deserved.
    Its crazy to think that was only Lallanas first goal for England after some 30 matches!
    I was delighted when that thug Martin Skrtel was sent off as have always hated him for being allowed to get away with persistent fouling during his time at Liverpool.
    I thought Harry kane had a poor game and should have been taken off sooner as did Wayne Rooney who is not a play maker and should be no where near that No 10 shirt.
    John Stones did well but man of the match was Lallana.