Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: CL-Match Day 3-18th/19th October

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    But i think you are talking about watching the game when City were a man down against Barca ,i think that is the dominance you saw but without taking the man advantage into consideration. I for one expected Barca to run all over Man City with 11 men ,but that was not the case.
    I say that about Arsenal because i watched the entire game Simply and you did not ,so how can you claim my opinion to be optimistic ?
    That is showing an uneducated bias.
    We have the speed that Sterling has all over the pitch left wing right wing and fluidity down the middle . The defenders i saw Barca roll out there looked shaky to say the least. Alba pulling a hamstring trying to keep Sterling under tabs, the clown how got the red card fro Barca also was made to look a fool. We are abetter side than Man city attacking wise there is no doubt about that right now so i think we would have a lot of joy agains Barca .
    ahhh yes... your obligatory red card excuse...
    First of all it seems that you forgot that Barca also got a red card only 20 minutes after Manchester City... Barca was in the lead BEFORE Bravo was sent off and also scored when the amount of players were even again...

  2. #22
    Specnur the reason city looked good against barca was of guardiolas philosophy. He had them pressing high and he has improved them in possession and also barca are not as much a possession team as they were a few years ago. Even under pressure barca looked Ok and didn't give any sloppy goal chances away. Arsenal would not have kept the ball as well as a guardiola team and barca would have had more possession than they did last night.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    Specnur the reason city looked good against barca was of guardiolas philosophy. He had them pressing high and he has improved them in possession and also barca are not as much a possession team as they were a few years ago. Even under pressure barca looked Ok and didn't give any sloppy goal chances away. Arsenal would not have kept the ball as well as a guardiola team and barca would have had more possession than they did last night.
    2014 - lost 0-2 and 1-2
    2015 - lost 1-2 and 1-0

    Pep comes in

    2016 - lost 4-0

    Great transformation pep

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    so do we think Luis Enrique is a managerial god?
    Why would any one have that view?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    Specnur the reason city looked good against barca was of guardiolas philosophy. He had them pressing high and he has improved them in possession and also barca are not as much a possession team as they were a few years ago. Even under pressure barca looked Ok and didn't give any sloppy goal chances away. Arsenal would not have kept the ball as well as a guardiola team and barca would have had more possession than they did last night.
    You are on crack!!!!!!!!
    Wenger's philosophy form day one in our league w son technical ability in the areas of ball control ,passing, creativity and vision. There is not one season since he has been in this league where another team under any manager ,has came close to matching his team in that category.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Arsenal have better ball control UNDER pressure than man city . Not only that passing accuracy under pressure as well .

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply View Post
    ahhh yes... your obligatory red card excuse...
    First of all it seems that you forgot that Barca also got a red card only 20 minutes after Manchester City... Barca was in the lead BEFORE Bravo was sent off and also scored when the amount of players were even again...

    By the time Barca had 10 men the game was over Simply ,so don't come with that crap mate!
    The damage was done when Barca had a man advantage . They scored a goal from a goalkeeper error ,created of course by Barca pressure but an error very few top goalies would make. I expected Barca to score on Man city with 11 men but what surprised me was how competitive or how easy Man City were able to defend .
    Look i am not saying man city were that impressive because they were turning the ball over numerous times ,but they gave Barca fits down that wing. Pep knew that was Barca's weakness and used that as a means of attack almost every time they got the ball.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    2014 - lost 0-2 and 1-2
    2015 - lost 1-2 and 1-0

    Pep comes in

    2016 - lost 4-0

    Great transformation pep

    It's not guardiolas fault his team gave away the ball at those costly moments. Anyway you can't judge him so early in his tenure against the best attack in the game.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    2014 - lost 0-2 and 1-2
    2015 - lost 1-2 and 1-0

    Pep comes in

    2016 - lost 4-0

    Great transformation pep
    It's not guardiolas fault his team gave away the ball at those costly moments. Anyway you can't judge him so early in his tenure against the best attack in the game.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    By the time Barca had 10 men the game was over Simply ,so don't come with that crap mate!
    The damage was done when Barca had a man advantage . They scored a goal from a goalkeeper error ,created of course by Barca pressure but an error very few top goalies would make. I expected Barca to score on Man city with 11 men but what surprised me was how competitive or how easy Man City were able to defend .
    Look i am not saying man city were that impressive because they were turning the ball over numerous times ,but they gave Barca fits down that wing. Pep knew that was Barca's weakness and used that as a means of attack almost every time they got the ball.
    Well Mascherano was at right back and alba was off early so it was always going to be tougher for barca defending the wings but for me barca kept them pretty quiet. sterling had a decent first half but he was easily handled in the second

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    You are on crack!!!!!!!!
    Wenger's philosophy form day one in our league w son technical ability in the areas of ball control ,passing, creativity and vision. There is not one season since he has been in this league where another team under any manager ,has came close to matching his team in that category.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Arsenal have better ball control UNDER pressure than man city . Not only that passing accuracy under pressure as well .
    Watching arsenals two games against Barcelona and citys one with guardiola I have to disagree on who is the better passing and possession team under pressure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •