Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ballon d'Or/FIFA Awards 2016

If Michael Owen can win this, then so can a player who propelled his team to the title
    with a phenomenal run of goalscoring ! If we can't afford players who have truly
    pissed all over the rule books the merit for what is a remarkable achievement then the
    award loses all credibility every time it's doled out to the established and predictable few
    whilst ignoring the personal performances that inspired a sensational season from one of
    football's lesser lights !

Ronaldo will win it but if you ask me he wasnt even top three player during the year. He won CL and euros but Modric was more imortant player for Real Madrid than Ronaldo was and you could argue that Pepe was portugals best player.

Now if you ask me who should win it i dont know. Messi and Suarez were propably best players however i not saying they should win it over Ronaldo.

As expected Ronaldo has won the Ballon d'Or award for 2016 with Messi 2nd and Griezmann 3rd.

This trophy was voted for by 173 journalists around the world.

Fifa will hand out its own prize for the world's best men's player,
    along with the best women's player and team of the year, at the
    Best Fifa Football Awards ceremony in Zurich on 9 January.

Congrats to him to cap off collecting his European and international trophies.

let the haters commence.

Congratulations to Ronaldo. Great player. Greater body. Modern day Bruce Lee some say. Given us perhaps the greatest football rivalry of all time.

Now that Ballon d'or is a separate trophy from FIFA Player of the year, was it golden ball that was considered the most prestigious trophy historically. Had an argument about this with a friend and internet seems to also be divided with the issue.

To be honest I was expecting that the Ballon D Or to be awarded on January which they annually do. Tho I'm not saying Ronaldo were good but if feels like he deserved to win 2nd or 3rd

Congrats to Ronaldo for being voted 2016 FIFA player of the year.

Messi who came 2nd didn't attend the ceremony in Switzerland while Atletico's Griezmann came 3rd.

Claudio Ranieri won the award for coach of the year for winning PL title with Leicester.

2016 FIFA World XI

.........................Neuer.................... ..........................

Marcelo..........Ramos...............Pique........ .............Alves

...........Iniesta.......Kroos...................M odric......................

..............Messi............Ronaldo............ .......Suarez...............

Other than Goalkeeper Neuer all the rest of the XI play for either Madrid or Barcelona.

This years candidates

Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid & Portugal
    Eden Hazard Chelsea & Belgium
    Leonardo Bonucci AC Milan & Italy
    Isco Real Madrid & Spain
    Kylian Mbappe PSG & France
    Neymar PSG & Brazil
    Luka Modric Real Madrid & Croatia
    Paulo Dybala Juventus & Argentina
    Marcelo Real Madrid & Brazil
    N'Golo Kante Chelsea & France
    Luis Suarez Barcelona & Uruguay