Thread: Liverpool v Watford-6th November-Kick Off-2.15pm

Liverpool v Watford-6th November-Kick Off-2.15pm

Liverpool won their last game 2-1 against West Brom to go level on points with Man City
    and Arsenal at the top of the table with Coutinho putting in another man of the match display at Anfield.
    West Brom were easily beaten 4-0 at home by Man City in their last game with plenty of empty seats at Hawthornes.
    Will it be a comfortable home win for the Reds?

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Liverpool won their last game 2-1 against West Brom to go level on points with Man City
    and Arsenal at the top of the table with Coutinho putting in another man of the match display at Anfield.
    West Brom were easily beaten 4-0 at home by Man City in their last game with plenty of empty seats at Hawthornes.
    Will it be a comfortable home win for the Reds?
    Bad weekend for the Baggies, Liverpool AND Man City beat them??? Pulis should really have a word with the PL about their fixture schedule! Thanks for the news about West Brom Hams, but Liverpool are playing Watford Sunday!

Hard to criticise Liverpool at the moment, there are not many weaknesses in their game, if I was being picky I'd say they let Palace get themselves back into contention too easily first half, but a 2-4 away win cant be argued with. They are really comfortable coming to London these days, unbeaten this season if memory serves me right. They continue to look like solid title contenders.

Watford unbeaten in four, above Man Utd in the league, I think it is fair to say they have surprised a few punters with their form this season. So much for my forecast about Mazzari being the first manager to be sacked this season.

Home win is the forecast.

Liverpool 2 Watford 1

FT

Liverpool 6-1 Watford
    1-0 Mane 27'
    2-0 Coutinho 30'
    3-0 Can 43'
    4-0 Firmino 57'
    5-0 Mane 60'
    5-1 Janmaat 75'
    6-1 Wijnaldum 90'

Liverpool go top of the PL for the first time in 2 years with an outstanding display against Watford at Anfield.

How did Arsenal miss out on Jurgen Klopp?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    How did Arsenal miss out on Jurgen Klopp?
    Not much of sensationalist then eh Poker!LOL!
    You do know he's not in Europe right ?
    If he was as good as you say he was coming into this job he would have at least improved his position for where Rodgers left off , but he didn't !
    It should strike you as no coincidence that because he IS NOT IN EUROPE THIS SEASON his team is up near the top of the league .
    However We are in Europe and joint top and you have the audacity to say how did we miss out on Klopp?
    DENSE is a word that comes to mind. YOU still complain when we are join top[ of the league like we are the only ones dropping points FFS.
    We haven't lost since Klopp beat us with no backline and we are still above him .
    He should win the league not being in Europe ,what are you going to say if we finish above him knowing that ?
    Probably the same dross you come on here with yet again.

I think we're really starting to look a proper team, even defensively (YES DEFENSIVELY ) we look like a cohesive unit and Matip has added an assured presence in that back four and his procurement is proving a real coup for the club, he just looks like a really elegant defender.

I mean, there is much discussion regarding our defence, but no manager in football can completely eradicate lapses in concentration, it's simply football ! I have no reservations stating that Klopp will improve what is already a verygood back line in the future but for now, its our opponents that need to fret when playing against a team with such inventive movement and inspired play.

Let the analysts frantically scrutinize, let the pundit's utter absurdities and let the media fawn, whilst us Kopites will just enjoy the exhumation of some long interred continuity ! I mean we've beaten The Goonerz and Chelsea away and drew with Spudz at the Lane, and made the defeat against Burnley seem like an anomaly, seems like we can live comfortably with making a few mistakes at the back and still frighten the life out of our opponents.
    Last edited by redpelt; 09-11-2016 at 05:12 PM.