Thread: England v Spain-15th November-8 pm

England v Spain-15th November-8 pm

England take on Spain at Wembley in Southgate's last match as interim manager.
    Kane has gone back to Spurs and Rooney has a knock so we could start with Sturridge or Vardy up front.
    Any predictions?

For me it depands on which team Spain sends on the pitch.
    If they are playing with a normal team and take it seriously they should win.
    If they donīt want to play it could be another lame friendly game with high expectations bevor the game

I like to see England play classy sides like Spain, though in a competitive game rather than a friendly. This will no doubt be a case of multiple substitutions, one to kill a couple of hours with rather than an absorbing game of football I suspect. It will mean a lot more to England than it will to Spain I think, so their superior quality might be nullified by our desire to get a decent result. England 1 Spain 1.

FT

England 2-2 Spain
    1-0 Lallana 9' PEN
    2-0 Vardy 48'
    2-1 Aspas 89'
    2-2 Isco 90'

I'm happy with the draw!
    I thought England played well in 1st half and should have gone on to win it
    but Spain improved in the 2nd period and scored an equaliser deep into injury time.
    Jamie Vardy did well but please don't do that manaqin goal celebration again as it wasn't funny.
    The only dummies on the pitch were our players for letting Spanish score 2 late goals.

So Gareth Southgate's spell as interim manager is over, has he done enough to get the job on a full time basis?
    Our problem is who else is there to be our coach?

Oh ffs, I know I predicted a draw but how did we blow that? Two up and looking good, shouldn't have let Spain back in. Saying that, two tremendous goals by the men in red, at least it wasn't down to defensive howlers, also it is hard to evaluate the meaning when both sides were fielding fringe players.

Southgate to get the job full time? Meh, it would be an uninspiring choice for me, shades of Roy Hodgson as far as I'm concerned. I'm still gunning for Nigel Pearson!

Cant believe all the fuss the media is making over Rooney drinking a few beers at the England team hotel.
    It was the players night off!