Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EFL Cup Semi Finals -2016/17

Klopp must be really second guessing if he's good enough for this league ,when he puts out his best team and still get's knocked out by Southampton. A stark contrast to Wenger who was smart enough to know this of all cups is the lest important and rolled out a team of players who would benefit for the experience.
    Choosing the lesser of desirable cups, knowing none of the big boys really go for it, and still losing with your best 11 is a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Klopp must be really second guessing if he's good enough for this league ,when he puts out his best team and still get's knocked out by Southampton. A stark contrast to Wenger who was smart enough to know this of all cups is the lest important and rolled out a team of players who would benefit for the experience.
    Yeah, like Coquelin.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger:

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "I regret that we lost the game.

"In midfield we had Coquelin, Ramsey, Elneny, Perez... Giroud was injured. We had Iwobi, one of the regular players in the first team.

"The problem wasn't there. We had players who are used to top-level competition. But we didn't have the right urgency.
    "

Uh oh!!!

Now what you gonna do professor Specs?

Of all the cups this is the least important FACT!
    Of course Wenger will not publicly say that as not to piss off the locals .He will say he put forth the best team he could not to disrespect the tournament ,but the fact is is that he has routinely used this tournament to blood young players or players who don't get regular first team playing time and rightly so.

Anyway ,it is what it is .Liverpool rolled out their best team possible and lost against Southampton ,not Man u, not Man City ,not Chelsea not Arsenal. One step away for a final with your best line up and you are bounced out!
    If Wenger had done that i would have criticized him even more ,because he should know better at this stage in his career.
    Klopp however is still learning .

FT

Hull 2-1 Man Utd (Agg 2-3)

The Tigers win on the night but go out 2-3 on Aggregate.

Man Utd will play against Southampton in the final.

Nice!. Very soft penalty but once Pogba got our goal it was over.

Jose was his usual arseh*le self after the game though. ‘I don’t want to say anything else, it’s enough, I’m calm, I behaved on the bench, no send off, no punishment, so no more words.’