Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palace fire Pardew/Allardyce quits

Palace fire Pardew/Allardyce quits

Crystal Palace have asked Alan Pardew to stand down as manager.

The Eagles only won 6 times in the PL in 2016 and lost the FA cup final.

Wow. 5 yeas into his Newcastle contract and Palace have sacked Pardew.

Still, 3million and Christmas off isn't bad.

Sam Allardyce reported to be the favourite to take over.

Chris Coleman also linked but can't see him leaving his comfortable Wales job.

Other names include recently sacked ex Brum boss Gary Rowett and Jurgen Klinsman plus Ryan Giggs.

It seems BFS is going to be the next Palace manager, yet again he gets the call from a club in trouble, it cant be denied he has built himself a very employable reputation among chairmen with anxiety about relegation.
    Pardew seems unable to break out of his "boom or bust" managerial style, it is remarkable how often it has happened in his career, a winning spell followed by a losing spell. It tells you that he isn't able to do a bit of self analysis and figure out what he is doing wrong, and that makes him pretty average in my book. Everyone makes mistakes but the key thing is not to keep on repeating them your whole life! I think his next port of call will be the Championship, or possibly a team like Swansea or Hull who might be prepared to take a punt on him coming in and getting them out of the sh*t with his usual initial winning run. There is still talk of him being the England manager one day, which goes to show how few quality English managers there are out there!

Fat Sam confirmed as new Palace manager on a 2 and a half year contract.

Will he be able to keep Palace up and get the best out of the likes of Zaha,Townsend and Benteke?

Sam Allardyce has just quit as Palace manager despite keeping them in PL!

Is he going back to Sunderland who are now in Championship?

According to the Telegraph he is retiring from football management, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...alace-manager/ could be a load of old hoo ha, but if true I can understand why a 60 year old millionaire might want to leave the stress and the sh*t of management behind and enjoy the rest of his days on the beach. Even by PL standards this season has been crazy for the attrition rate of managers of the smaller clubs, they clearly see a strategic advantage in changing the man at the top when results are going the wrong way. TBH it looked like Sam's honeymoon was over at Palace anyway, a poor show in their final game against Man Utd under 16s.
    I cant say I ever really liked the bloke that much, though it was entertaining the way he used to derail Arsenal's season in the past with Bolton. Happy days!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

he'll know that there is little to gain from hanging around. his reputation has been restored a bit after keeping Palace up following his England debacle and so its probably a good time to knock it on the head.

it wouldn't surprise me to see him lured back in to another team in the New Year as desperate clubs sling money about to save their season.

Palace still to appoint a new manager.

Frank De Boer has had talks while fans would like Maurico Pellegrino

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Maurico Pellegrino
    who is he?

De Boer should have his sights higher than Palace.