Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League - Round of 16 - 2016/17

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    What are you on about specnur. When barca are on form they are another sharper on the ball and most teams end up fouling them and the refs get it right. Tonight barca were not sharp and I didn't see any fouls other than a couple that should have gone neymar way. The psg team were just able to get a toe in whereas usually the ball would have been gone if barca were themselves
    We'll see in the next leg!
    From i could see is that PSG had everything to do with Barca playing off form ,or at least more than you would like to admit. At some point you are going to have to conceded this Barca team IS NOT the same as the team Pep had and will never be.You can't have every player on the pitch accept Neymar playing trash without it having something to do with the opposition ,not in the champions league .
    But one thing is for sure ,it puts Arsenal's game against PSG into some sort of perspective .

Quote Originally Posted by Simply View Post
    pretty sad with the Borussia Dortmund game.. it was very similar to their recent games.. they should have won this 4 or 5-0, but they wasted all their chances so badly, it was very hard to watch.... especially Aubameyang had one of the unluckiest days for a striker that I have ever seen....

I have no doubt they will win this pairing!

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Probably the best reffed Barca game i have ever seen in the champions league
    That was one of the keys for PSG's victory, along with an incredible performance and collective effort from each and every member of the team. Great to see Di Maria at such a high level again! I've never liked Cavani, but the man's in shape this season.
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    We'll see in the next leg!
    From i could see is that PSG had everything to do with Barca playing off form ,or at least more than you would like to admit. At some point you are going to have to conceded this Barca team IS NOT the same as the team Pep had and will never be.You can't have every player on the pitch accept Neymar playing trash without it having something to do with the opposition ,not in the champions league .
    But one thing is for sure ,it puts Arsenal's game against PSG into some sort of perspective .
    Yes this Barca is not as good as guardiolas but it is mostly the same team that won the champions league convincingly in 2015 and beat psg easily along the way. The difference is some bad decisions in the last couple of years by the manager. Firstly letting Alves go and playing a center mid in his position who is out of his depth especially in big games and buying gomes who is not good enough for barca and it has shown all season. Last night gomes played in midfield with two players in iniesta and busquets who started their first game in a month and we're not fully match fit and that's where barca lost the game so heavily. Psg might have won anyway but it wouldn't have been by four if those two were match fit. Look this Barca team are not the team they were a couple of years ago but they are better than they played last night. Also psg were very good but I don't know how consistent they are. Maybe that was their best performance of the year but I think barca made it easier for them. And neymar was fresher than the rest coz he missed the second leg of a tough copa del rey tie against atletico where barca finished with nine men the previous week. Or maybe it was just one of those nights where he played better than his teammates. Anyway this is not the first time barca have conceded four and lost this season. It happened at celta a few months ago and it also happened the previous year. As for arsenal they were lucky cavani missed all those chances coz they would have lost both games easily
    Last edited by eaman; 15-02-2017 at 12:39 PM.

1ST Leg
    Real Madrid 3 - 1 Napoli

Madrid come from behind to beat Napoli 3-1 at the Bernabeu
    Benzema,Kroos and Casimeiro with the goals for Zidane's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    1ST Leg
    Real Madrid 3 - 1 Napoli

Madrid come from behind to beat Napoli 3-1 at the Bernabeu
    Benzema,Kroos and Casimeiro with the goals for Zidane's side.
    Good game by Real Madrid although that goal by Napoli at the begining killed us (big mistake by Navas, our keeper, in my opinion). Anyway, I guess it will be a tough second leg in Napoli, with a crowded stadium and a difficult atmosphere.
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

Tue 21/02/17
    Manchester City 19 : 45 Monaco
    Bayer Leverkusen 19 : 45 Atlético Madrid

Wed 22/02/17
    Porto 19 : 45 Juventus
    Sevilla 19 : 45 Leicester City

Any comments or predictions for this weeks games?

Man City would have been happy with their opponents in the past
    but Monaco have been amazing in Ligue One this season and are challenging PSG for the title.

Tough game for Atletico away at Leverkusen with both teams not quite as good as last year.

I haven't been following the Portugal Liga this season so can't really comment on
    Porto but Juventus have started to pull away at top of Serie A and should really win this tie.

Sevilla have been having a great campaign in La Liga and are in 3rd position at the moment
    and should be too strong for a Leicester side who are low on confidence and in danger of relegation.

Leverkusen is absolute trash.. There are two teams in Germany that should be allowed to play Champions League: Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund... the rest is just embarrassing lol

What a game Man City Napoli. Only started watching but Napoli missed a penalty and Aguero scores because of GK mistake.

And now Napoli scores. Incredible goal by Falcao.