Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League - Round of 16 - 2016/17

What the hell. Why am I talking of Napoli? It's Monaco.

Tue 21/02/17
    Manchester City 5 - 3 Monaco
    Bayer Leverkusen 2 - 4 Atlético Madrid

Haven't seen either game yet but looks like I'm in for a treat!

Damn i put my comments on the wrong thread the game was that exciting!

Best champions league game i have seen for years ! What a game .
    Premiership conditioning wore out the French team in the end ,but they looked incredibly dangerous for 70 minutes.
    Aguero with two goals and an assist started to look more like a team player in the second half ,so i am guessing pep took him aside and had a word.

This will go unnoticed by most who witnessed this game ,but you cannot ignore the input of Ya ya Toure in that second half. But for him there probably is no 2 goal lead. His passing precision has always been something i have admired about the player ,to have him and de Bruyne in the same team with that ability is something special.
    Sterling had a blinder tonight to his credit ran Monaco ragged all game . The defending though was pretty woeful but it made for the most entertaining game in recent memory . Glad i watched this ,sorry for anyone who missed it.

Sorry hams I posted in the wrong thread as well. Specnur started it thoughItwas a very entertaining up and down game with some poor defending thrown in. Not brilliant quality football though. Lovely second goal from Falcao who looks sharp again this seasonSorry hams I posted in the wrong thread as well. Also aguero looked very good and could go a roll from here

Nice comeback from Man City! Must have been one hell of a game. I've just seen the goals :P

Good level shown by Atleti as well, who seem a totally different team in UCL than in the spanish national league. Hams, you must be happy with this version!
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

Just saw the highlights of the Man City vs Monaco game, a full bloodied PL style encounter, really entertaining but as Specs says some woeful defending on show...that Monaco keeper for Aguero's first goal Man City remain as unpredictable as ever, but a tremendous fight back when on other occasions they might have crumbled. Incredibly, Monaco are still in this tie if they can pull off a 2-0/3-1 win in the reverse fixture, and I'm sure they wont have given up judging by the openness of that tie.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I can't see anything but the same type of game again to be honest!
    Man city will run at them again and again its Pep knows, and the conditioning of the premiership side will eventually wear Monaco down again.
    I tink Wehn Zabaleta came in for city he tightened up the defending bit so if he starts they will in better shape.
    I can't see Monaco going through to the next round if Man City stay healthy in between.
    Can't wait to watch the return leg though.

Wed 22/02/17

Porto 0 - 2 Juventus
    Sevilla 2 - 1 Leicester City

Sevilla should have been 4 or 5-0 ahead at half time!
    That 2nd half goal from Jamie Vardy gives the Foxes
    a chance in the 2nd leg.It was only the strikers first goal this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    Nice comeback from Man City! Must have been one hell of a game. I've just seen the goals :P

Good level shown by Atleti as well, who seem a totally different team in UCL than in the spanish national league. Hams, you must be happy with this version!
    I haven't watched the highlights yet of Atletico's 4-2 win at Leverkusen
    but I'm very happy with the result and we should go through to quarter finals.

I did finally get to see the Man City against Monaco game and while it was one
    of the best I have ever seen i agree that the defending from both teams was shocking!

That Bernardo Silva looks like a quality player and would love to see him at West Ham.

2nd Legs

Tue 07/03/17
    Napoli 19 : 45 Real Madrid

Wed 08/03/17
    Borussia Dortmund 19 : 45 Benfica
    Barcelona 19 : 45 PSG

Napoli lost the 1st Leg 3-1 in Madrid but are in good form
    and if they score an early goal could put Los Blancos under massive pressure.

Dortmund won away in Benfica in 1st leg and should go through to the quarter finals.

Barcelona were thrashed 4-0 by PSG in Paris in their 1st leg match.
    No side have ever come back from being 4-0 down in the history of the Champions League.
    The Catalans have been scoring goals for fun in La Liga against usual cannon fodder.
    Can the likes of Messi,Suarez and Neymar create history at the Nou Camp on Wed night?