Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 67

Thread: Champions League - Round of 16 - 2016/17

2nd Legs
    Monaco 3 - 1 Manchester City
    Atlético Madrid 0 - 0 Bayer Leverkusen

Monaco beat City 3-1 and draw the tie
    6-6 but go through on the away goals rule!

I think the current French leaders were the
    better team over the 2 matches and deserve it.

If they can manage to keep hold of all those
    great young prospects they could have an amazing team.

Pep Guardiola had never lost a CL tie in round of 16 before
    as a manager until now so he won't be very happy after this defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply View Post
    well well specs.. what now? yesterday you lol'd about how a relegation threatened Leicester City wins against a spanish side... and now that said team is the only one who remains in this competition, while three spanish teams are still in the race.
    Yep ,its tough to survive in the premiership.
    the team that is at the bottom of the table and out of the top four race is into the next round ,whilst the teams that are in the race are all out.
    I guess you can look at it as a case of priorities and where each team has them eh?

That's not to say that any of the teams chose to lose in the champions league ,they all gave what they could (not sure in the case of Wenger) but being in that top four has split teams focus.

Monaco has some good players and from the commentary i was getting ,they may not be able to keep them next season .
    I think Pep made a mistake of not playing Ya Ya in this game ,he has often been a savior for City and in that second half the game was right there for him .
    His ability to hold up the ball and make the most intelligent passes was something that was in dire need .