AZ 18 : 00 Olympique Lyonnais
    Manchester United 20 : 05 Saint-…tienne
    PAOK 20 : 05 Schalke 04
    Athletic Club 20 : 05 APOEL
    Legia Warszawa 20 : 05 Ajax
    Anderlecht 20 : 05 Zenit
    Villarreal 20 : 05 Roma
    Hapoel Be'er Sheva 20 : 05 Beşiktaş

Tottenham travel to Belgium to play Gent and Man Utd are at home against Saint Etienne.
    Paul Pogba's brother plays for the French team!

how many fouls are Gent allowed to get away with without a yellow card at the start of this second half ffs?
    Harry Winks has no business in this game ,simple as that.

Are you kidding me ????? Subbing Dembele off ffs! Not Winks ? Not Sissoko . I really do not understand some managers ,one of the worst decisions this manager has ever made .I hope he proves me wrong.

I will not for the life of me ever understand some of the decisions that these top managers make . Like Wenger yesterday this Spurs line up ,if they were meaning to win this tournament , was head scratching!
    You start with Sissoko and Winks and not Erikson and Son and you sub off Dembele the most effective attacking mid fielder you had out there tonight.

Part of me started thinking maybe Podg just didn't want to put his team under too much physical fatigue in order to win this game ,maybe he thought rest these players for league duties and take the 1-0 loss here. I haven't got a clue! If this were the case however why not start with the two subs you brought on and try and get a gaol or two early ,then bring them off just after the half with goal(s) advantage in your favour.

Pickles ,help me understand mate ffs!

I agree with you about Dembele, wouldn't have subbed him personally, I think he was one of our better players. I can understand Poch starting with Winks and Sissoko, it is not uncommon for him to start with some fringe players in the EL, in fact the team was stronger than I was perhaps expecting. Overall though a lack lustre performance by Tottenham, and yet again the subs had no impact when they came on, worrying. Going by what I've seen at Wembley so far this season, Gent will prove difficult opposition, I wouldn't be shocked if we went out. We have lost our mojo at the moment, and we need to rediscover it soon or the season could take a negative turn...
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    and yet again the subs had no impact when they came on
    But that's because they came in chasing the game! The away goal takes a load of pressure off you and more on your opposition because psychologically they will look to score at least a couple against a good side. Spurs could have started with the subs they brought on today and done all the damage early ,then take them off midway through the second half .
    Last edited by specnur; 16-02-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Well ,Man U cruise through at least it seems.

Well swings and roundabouts Specs, bringing on subs in a game where you are struggling is sometimes the key to opening up the opposition as the new players bring different problems, different movement (in theory). Just weren't at it today - every team has a bad patch in a season, hoping we are through ours now and the game against Fulham wont be as painful as the last two!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Results

Krasnodar 1 - 0 FenerbahÁe
    Astra 2 - 2 Genk
    Ludogorets 1 - 2 KÝbenhavn
    Celta de Vigo 0 - 1 Shakhtar Donetsk
    Olympiakos Piraeus 0 - 0 Osmanlıspor
    Gent 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur
    Rostov 4 - 0 Sparta Praha
    Borussia M'gla… 0 - 1 Fiorentina
    AZ 1 - 4 Olympique Lyonnais
    Athletic Club 3 - 2 APOEL
    Legia Warszawa 0 - 0 Ajax
    Anderlecht 2 - 0 Zenit
    Manchester United 3 - 0 Saint-…tienne
    Villarreal 0 - 4 Roma
    Hapoel Be'er Sheva 1 - 3 Beşiktaş
    PAOK 0 - 3 Schalke 04

I thought it was a poor display from the Spurs side Pickle against a Belgian team
    who were without several of their first team regulars and are only midway in league table.
    Tottenham might have one of the best starting XI's in PL but their squad isn't good enough
    and with them not being able to perform at Wembley i can see your boys going out to Gent.

Saint Etienne were unlucky not to score in the first half at Old Trafford as they really gave it
    a go and Man Utd were fortunate to go in 1-0 ahead at the break! Thanks to that hat trick from
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic i can't see Utd getting into to much trouble in the 2nd leg and they should go through.