Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Europa League - Round of 32 - 2nd Legs-22nd/23rd Feb

Dele Alli ,what a plank! Shocking challenge may have cost his team a chance to go through.
    missed the two goals ,as got to this game late.
    Spurs looked very potent and determined up until the half ,so it'll be interesting to see how they fair when they come out. I expect a strong start and then they may wear out with 15 minutes to go if they don't score. Wanyama is slow thinking player that shod be subbed off or made to sit in front of the back four ,let Dembele do what he was doing in that first half ,dominate the creative flow for Spurs .
    It's going to be a entertaining second half that's for sure .
    Just really gutted fr the Spurs players ,because they looked well up for this game and All just made life incredibly difficult . If it were Arsenal we would still win though down a man means noting to us

fantastic goal! Spurs need to take a bit of a rest now and let Dembele (the engine) get his breath back because they'll need him the full 90.

OMG!!!!!!!
    Winks for Dembele ,YOU HAVE GOT to be kidding me . Dembele has been the best player on the pitch ffs!
    Spurs deserve to lose . One of then most shocking decisions this manager has made .

there you go ! You take the best player off you lose all the momentum he gave you , the player that comes on loses the ball and ..........Goal against you1 If there was a Spurs TV the fans should be absolutely roasting Pochitino for that shocker! Cost you the game you were controlling. Ocassion too big for the young overrated brit, this is big mans business ! Poch's massive clown move!
    Last edited by specnur; 23-02-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Another weaker team through to the next round at the expense of a team that were better on the night. Bilbao were knocked out despite dominating most of the game and now spurs. Bad for the quality of the matches from now on. Some sloppy mistakes from spurs and a disgusting tackle from alli cost them. Also I think the superior conditioning of the belgian league team showed in the last ten minutes

Oh sh*t sticks, wish I wasn't so good at predicting football outcomes sometimes! Really poor by Tottenham in the final analysis, plenty of possession but lacking in goal threat. Kudos to Gent, who will undoubtedly be knocked out next round, but a hard lesson for Spurs. Wembley is death, face facts chaps! F*ck I'm dreading next season!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Oh sh*t sticks, wish I wasn't so good at predicting football outcomes sometimes! Really poor by Tottenham in the final analysis, plenty of possession but lacking in goal threat. Kudos to Gent, who will undoubtedly be knocked out next round, but a hard lesson for Spurs. Wembley is death, face facts chaps! F*ck I'm dreading next season!
    Man it just goes to show you how some people see the same thing completely different!
    Spurs absolutely dominated that game until Dembele came off ,are you really willing to Let Poch get away with that without any criticism ,just because it makes me look like i know what i'm talking about?
    You want to talk about Arsenal fans with low expectations ,where was the chant of "you don't know what you're doing" for the same fans that was moments earlier singing the Belgian midfielders name ? Pathetic!
    with 10 men you boss that lot all over the park and they never got allot in until Winks came on for him . It was one of the worst mistakes that manager has made. And i know he wanted to win that game because you could see what losing meant to those spurs players . I have never seen them play as well quite frankly not after what i witnessed against the same team a in the first leg. They must be absolutely gutted !
    Last edited by specnur; 24-02-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Osmanlıspor 0 - 3 Olympiakos Piraeus
    APOEL 2 - 0 Athletic Club
    Ajax 1 - 0 Legia Warszawa
    Zenit 3 - 1 Anderlecht
    Roma 0 - 1 Villarreal
    Beşiktaş 2 - 1 Hapoel Be'er Sheva
    Genk 1 - 0 Astra
    KÝbenhavn 0 - 0 Ludogorets
    Shakhtar Donetsk 20 : 05 Celta de Vigo
    Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 2 Gent
    Sparta Praha 1 - 1 Rostov
    Fiorentina 2 - 4 Borussia M'gla…
    Olympique Lyonnais 7 - 1 AZ

Tottenham's Wembley jinx strikes again with Gent winning the tie 3-2.
    It was a crazy tackle from Dele Alli which has cost his team a place in the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Man it just goes to show you how some people see the same thing completely different!
    Spurs absolutely dominated that game until Dembele came off ,are you really willing to Let Poch get away with that without any criticism ,just because it makes me look like i know what i'm talking about?
    You want to talk about Arsenal fans with low expectations ,where was the chant of "you don't know what you're doing" for the same fans that was moments earlier singing the Belgian midfielders name ? Pathetic!
    with 10 men you boss that lot all over the park and they never got allot in until Winks came on for him . It was one of the worst mistakes that manager has made. And i know he wanted to win that game because you could see what losing meant to those spurs players . I have never seen them play as well quite frankly not after what i witnessed against the same team a in the first leg. They must be absolutely gutted !
    Apologies for the late response Specs, I'd lost interest in this competition as soon as Spurs were dumped out! I'd actually agree that Spurs looked very good for most of the game, but never mind Dembele it was defensive lapses that let us down, his presence on the pitch wouldn't have prevented the goals. I love Dembele to bits, incredibly strong midfielder, it is like the ball is glued to his foot sometimes, a brilliant midfielder in terms of holding up the ball and spraying a decent pass to release the Tottenham attack. I was saying to another Spurs fan the other day that if Dembele had more aggression in terms of taking on defenders and having a shot, and Kyle Walker could find the sweet spot with his shooting boots NOBODY could live with this team. Totally believe that, but there you go, you cant have everything. Any coach can only do so much with his players, there is a point where coaching lets go and personal ambition and aggression takes over. Winks on for Dembele? As it happens, I agree with you, Dembele wasn't having a bad game, I'd have kept him on. Did it lose us the game though? No mate, don't believe that for a moment.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!