Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the fox gone wrong at Leicester?/Ranieri sacked

Yeah, I cant agree with the notion that the CL is responsible for Leicester's decline, there has been a sizable gap since their last European game, plenty of time for the players to recover. Ironically they have had a lot more joy in Europe than in the league, I think the fact that they have lost Kante and key players have lost form has more to do with it. The new signings, Ranieri spent around 60M, have stunk as well, a perfect storm.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Would that be the year Chelsea won the league whilst in the Champions League, as did City the year before and United the season before that.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eric7 View Post
    Would that be the year Chelsea won the league whilst in the Champions League, as did City the year before and United the season before that.
    Yes ,but you completely ignoring the fact that the league gets tougher with every season. 2 season's ago i could;t imagine a tougher season ,then came the next season and it was beyond last season ,and it is gearing up to be even worst this season, because you now have Liverpool up there within champions league reach at least at the moment anyway . The league is forever morphing in the level of difficulty to manage a team if it is not strong throughout the squad.

All you have to dod is watch how Chelsea do next season ,and it should answer it for you .

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Yeah, I cant agree with the notion that the CL is responsible for Leicester's decline, there has been a sizable gap since their last European game, plenty of time for the players to recover. Ironically they have had a lot more joy in Europe than in the league, I think the fact that they have lost Kante and key players have lost form has more to do with it. The new signings, Ranieri spent around 60M, have stunk as well, a perfect storm.
    Well i predicted Leicester would be in then relegation zone the next season ,the season they won knowing they were in Europe and they are. You see ,the one thing i noticed is that Leicester played a tight small unit of players and the back up off the bench takes a massive dip in certain areas ,which is why i didn't think they would do as well this season . Chelsea have better players and bunch of decent ones on loan so they won't be down there where Mourinho let them ,but they won't be walking into the top four i'll tell you that.
    Losing Kante was a very important part of the team chemistry ,but i feel the extra games have taken a toll ,not so much physically but mentally .
    They got to fight to stay in the league and at the same time they want to give their fans something to cheer about in the champions league.

It's gotten to the point in the premiership that it would be in Leicesters best interest to scrap going hard in the champions league as it will probably mean going down to the championship. For some reason i think they may say tom themselves you know what if we won the champions league it would be worth it for the fans ,but for a club perspective thinking about the NOW ,i think they will probably want out of Europe at this point.

No way are they going to scrap CL. What does that even mean? Playing reserves against Sevilla? The fans and the players would be gutted. Once in a life time experience this.

Also if they won the CL and went down you could use that as an argument for how tought PL is for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    No way are they going to scrap CL. What does that even mean? Playing reserves against Sevilla? The fans and the players would be gutted. Once in a life time experience this.

Also if they won the CL and went down you could use that as an argument for how tought PL is for years to come.
    Just putting forth possible scenarios !
    It really depends on what the board think is most important ,the fans don't always know what's best for the club ,you only need to look at the mugs over at Arsenal.
    HOW much money does Leicester make being in the domestic league and how much do they make playing in the champions league.
    Yes it's a once in a lifetime thing for Leicester to play in the Champions league and i really hope they put out their best team and make a go of it . I feel the will and take their chances at the relegation battle .

I do think the champions league has affected Leicesters league form and I don't think they'd be in the relegation zone if they weren't in Europe but I do think they would be out of the top ten and maybe just in the top ten with kante. Maybe I'm wrong but maybe some of the players have got what they want in winning the league and can only get themselves up for champions league games coz it's something they really want. Great players want to win league after league and never stop winning and Leicester don't have great players

Leicester City's board have given Claudio Ranieri their full backing so he should be safe for time being.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Just putting forth possible scenarios !
    It really depends on what the board think is most important ,the fans don't always know what's best for the club ,you only need to look at the mugs over at Arsenal.
    What's best for the club and board might not be what's best for the fans.

HOW much money does Leicester make being in the domestic league and how much do they make playing in the champions league.
    Yes it's a once in a lifetime thing for Leicester to play in the Champions league and i really hope they put out their best team and make a go of it . I feel the will and take their chances at the relegation battle .
    Playing in PL is more money but they are not going to be constantly no matter what most likely so better to go all in now they can. And they still propably stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    What's best for the club and board might not be what's best for the fans.
    Let's face it the board are rich because they usually run businesses the fans are fans primarily people who work for the board outside of the game .
    Fans want champions league then they have to take the downside and own it when or of the team gets relegated .But you know and i know as well as the board/club that the fans will turn around and blame the club at the end of the season .No owner in his right mind would listen to the fans in this situation.

Playing in PL is more money but they are not going to be constantly no matter what most likely so better to go all in now they can. And they still propably stay up.
    You seem pretty confident about that ,not sure why! I have watched this Leicester team over the last few months and they just don't have that spark they had last season. Not only that i think the players have lost faith in Raneiri big time . They are in a sh!t show right now in our league as all the teams around them seem to be putting forth a better fight than them.