Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: What the fox gone wrong at Leicester?/Ranieri sacked

I think that their astrology was good last years and shit this year. Not yet checked, but will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipster View Post
    I think that their astrology was good last years and shit this year. Not yet checked, but will soon.
    Ah, the obvious missing piece in this jigsaw! A bit of fun here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38879315 , go on and vote them down!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

With Leicester getting beat yet again (by a relegation rival) to stay one point above the drop, it made me think would I take a league title win for my team even if it meant guaranteed relegation next season? 1961 the last time Spurs won the league so it is a tempter, but I'd have to put up with the laughter and mockery as it all turned to sh*t the following season. On balance, I think I'd take the league win for the experience and warm memories it would leave me with, and just put up with the sea of laughing faces the following season. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    With Leicester getting beat yet again (by a relegation rival) to stay one point above the drop, it made me think would I take a league title win for my team even if it meant guaranteed relegation next season? 1961 the last time Spurs won the league so it is a tempter, but I'd have to put up with the laughter and mockery as it all turned to sh*t the following season. On balance, I think I'd take the league win for the experience and warm memories it would leave me with, and just put up with the sea of laughing faces the following season. Anyone else?
    I think plenty of fans would actually ,because most of them are vested in person stimulation . The Championship is not an easy touch for relegated premier clubs as we are seeing . If those sam fans are willing to see their club play at that level for a title the season previous ,they are tempting fate . Look at Leeds,Luton and Coventry. Historically top level clubs can't get a look in. Not saying Spurs will go that far down the league ,but i wouldn't take that chance.

Tottenham can build themselves to be a good team constantly challenging for titles. At least for a while. But if I were a fan of team like Leicester I would no doubt take the league title and then relegation over multiple mid table finishes and then relegation. Tbh I would propably take the the title even if I were a Tottenham fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Its a no brainer. I'd take the league win and relegation all day long.

f*ck the laughter and mockery, you'd have the joy of a league win. a few months of crap (I'm well used to that without a league win ffs!) and then the next season in the Championship with cheaper tickets and not having to put up with the plastics who'd otherwise be on the bandwagon after any league win.

yes please.

I guess it all depends on what you are used to really! Following Arsenal we have won the league many times under Wenger so it's not really anything new .But i guess for you two guys perspective it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    I guess it all depends on what you are used to really! Following Arsenal we have won the league many times under Wenger so it's not really anything new .But i guess for you two guys perspective it makes sense.
    No guarantee of another league win anytime soon though Specs, 13 years since the last on for Arsenal! Plus, depending on your view, when Wenger goes what will happen? As Man Utd found out losing a long term manager means the end of an era, and finding the right replacement is not easy. Not even a little tempted to take the glory and put up with some pain the following season?

specnur isn't bothered, he'll stop supporting Arsenal the minute Wenger departs ffs!

I'm actually genuinely looking forward to seeing where he lays his hat next

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    specnur isn't bothered, he'll stop supporting Arsenal the minute Wenger departs ffs!

I'm actually genuinely looking forward to seeing where he lays his hat next
    Bristol City, Chelsea, and Arsenal, the man clearly has no taste. At least if Wenger gets the England job (once Southgate fails) we'll have a load of top class excuses for the next failed campaign.