Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFL Cup-Final-2016/17-Man Utd v Southampton-26th Feb-4.30pm

EFL Cup-Final-2016/17-Man Utd v Southampton-26th Feb-4.30pm

Man Utd will take on Southampton at Wembley
    in this season's League cup final.
    Will Jose Mourinho win his first trophy for Utd
    or could the Saints cause an upset?

Southampton will probably win it with a goal scored from an offside position again, yes I'm still bitter.

A new Manchester united era has begun according to the commentator, for winning the EFL cup ffs!
    Wonder iff he said when Arsenal won the FA cup back to back?

Good game Southampton must be gutted ,but imagine posing like that almost every week like we do at Bristol City!
    Southampton smaller ,quicker midfielders ran Man u ragged today that's for sure . Romeu was again one of the best players Yoshida had a big game also .
    All in all Southampton were up for this and gave as good as they got .

Minor trophy but could have a good psychological affect on the team from here on out.

Rats, would have loved to have seen Southampton collect the trophy, and put a sour look on Mourinho's face. A very commendable effort by the Saints, but ultimately they lacked the finishing power to take the chances they created. Southampton are an incredibly well run club, but losing talented players, talented coaches, talented scouts ffs, season after season is bound to take its toll.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    A new Manchester united era has begun according to the commentator, for winning the EFL cup ffs!
    Wonder iff he said when Arsenal won the FA cup back to back?
    Ya but he knew wenger wouldn't spend 150 million on players and kick on like mourinho might

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    Ya but he knew wenger wouldn't spend 150 million on players and kick on like mourinho might
    What you talking about? We finished above all our rival the seasons after you fool!

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    What you talking about? We finished above all our rival the seasons after you fool!
    Ok relax man. I am was talking about what a commentator would say after a good performance of united or arsenal in the same situation. United would spend and wenger would not even though he has the money and you know that is the truth. Basically arsenal should have spent more over the years to win trophies and you know that also

FT
    Sun 26/02/17
    Manchester United 3 - 2 Southampton
    1-0 Ibrahimovic 19'
    2-0 Lingard 38'
    2-1 Gabbiadini 45'
    2-2 Gabbiadini 48'
    3-2 Ibrahimovic 87'

I was unable to watch final as was busy but have
    recorded the highlights to watch tomorrow when i have some free time.

From what I have heard the Saints were unlucky not to have at least got extra time?
    Also Gabbiadini had a goal wrong ruled out for offside?

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Also Gabbiadini had a goal wrong ruled out for offside?
    Great isn't it, I've waited over 40 years for that.

On a serious note that decision only accentuates how wrong the offside law is, how can a player be stood next to the keeper inside the 6 yard box and not be interfering with play.

Congrats United. Mourinho must be happy. He and Ibra will be fighting about who's the best
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.