Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Leg-Bayern v Arsenal-15th Feb-7.45pm

1st Leg-Bayern v Arsenal-15th Feb-7.45pm

Thought it best to create a thread for game this big win or lose ,it will be an epic battle.
    Arsenal for coming into this match has been abysmal and we can maybe only look at their dip in form starting once this fixture was announced as a coincidence i guess.
    But i am hoping that this is the game that has been pre occupying the minds of those Arsenal players and they come out firing.
    Win this game ,we know we can on from and day of the week , but playing like we have played over the last month ??????? no way!

We need a decent performance from Ozil ,note i said "decent" performance meaning anything but invisible ,us playing with 11 men not 10 . because if everyone else is up for it ,him pressuring the odd counter attack and making the odd unpredictable pass will be enough for that lot!

Ozil will be the star of the game, you'll see!
    Rooting for Arsenal in this one.
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

Well there are reports that Ozil might be dropped, shock horror! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38962425 Honest summation would be if Arsenal can get a draw or a 1 goal defeat I'd give them a chance, just cant see it happening though. Looking at the form, Arsenal's has been patchy (and that's being nice) since Christmas, a defeat at home to Watford, a draw away to Bournemouth is not the ideal kind of prep for a game like this. Bayern, on the other hand, have lost one game all season and scored a boat load of goals, they will be very tough at home. If Arsenal are at their best they can get something, but honestly I'm thinking something like:

Bayern 3 Arsenal 1
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

.. I don't know what to think of this match up this time..
    On one hand Bayern munich looks weaker compared to their last several seasons. I think getting Ancelotti was a bad decision and the quality of the squad is on the decline. Robben, Ribery and Lahm are getting older and are injured all the time (or in case of Lahm are planning to retire already). Muller is out of form for a while now. Douglas Costa and Coman don't live up to the expectations. There is enough reason to be less afraid of this team today then the seasons before.
    On the other hand Arsenal is far from being the scariest team for them in this competition.

I think it's hard to predict what will happen after all.
    Last edited by Simply; 15-02-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Bayern, on the other hand, have lost one game all season and scored a boat load of goals, they will be very tough at home.
    yeah that's not the whole story though.. most of their recent wins were VERY close and/or last minute wins against very weak opposition... teams that are definitely worse than Arsenal...

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    Ozil will be the star of the game, you'll see!
    Rooting for Arsenal in this one.

Raul mate , you seem to hate anything Pep touches!

[QUOTE=Pickleman1967;1381810]
    Well there are reports that Ozil might be dropped, shock horror! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38962425 Honest summation would be if Arsenal can get a draw or a 1 goal defeat I'd give them a chance, just cant see it happening though. Looking at the form, Arsenal's has been patchy (and that's being nice) since Christmas, a defeat at home to Watford, a draw away to Bournemouth is not the ideal kind of prep for a game like this. Bayern, on the other hand, have lost one game all season and scored a boat load of goals, they will be very tough at home. If Arsenal are at their best they can get something, but honestly I'm thinking something like:
    I have to say this is a poor prediction mate and you are usually pretty on point!
    You do know we beat them at their manor already don't you?
    Not just beat them ran them ragged and had them shitting their pants after them having massive advantage at the emirates .
    Some will look at it like Bayern had that game under control totally and at that i say absolute tosh!
    yes in the first 20 minutes maybe ,but once we started ragging them left and right they ere absolute shitting their pants .You only need to find a tape of that game again to ridicule any notion that Bayern were comfortably in control of that game.
    Which is what infuriates me about winger's recent teams ,they can and HAVE beat the very best put in front of them ,but mental preparation is a joke at this club.
    This game however i see nothing but a full on assault of the type PSG put on Barcelona last night.

Bayern 1 Arsenal 3

Quote Originally Posted by Simply View Post
    .. I don't know what to think of this match up this time..
    On one hand Bayern munich looks weaker compared to their last several seasons. I think getting Ancelotti was a bad decision and the quality of the squad is on the decline. Robben, Ribery and Lahm are getting older and are injured all the time (or in case of Lahm are planning to retire already). Muller is out of form for a while now. Douglas Costa and Coman don't live up to the expectations. There is enough reason to be less afraid of this team today then the seasons before.
    On the other hand Arsenal is far from being the scariest team for them in this competition.

I think it's hard to predict what will happen after all.
    Yeah but the one thing you have to understand is that Wenger always puts together a team that can beat any team on the planet.
    Personally i don't rate this Arsenal team ,not compared to teams of the past but they have some dangerous players ,that on their day can cause havoc .
    I just never had a great deal of respect for Bayern's defense and this is why i think Arsenal will win this series .
    I think Arsenal will look at this game with an eye on the final ,i have no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post

Raul mate , you seem to hate anything Pep touches!
    although that is true... it's not the reason I'm supporting Arsenal against Bayern. I liked Ancelotti at Real Madrid and I wish him the best, but I'm tired of seeing Arsenal being defeated in this stage of the UCL and I want them to succeed this time. Plus I loved Ozil when He played for us, He is a huge talent who needs a lot of confidence to show his level and be more consistent.
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    although that is true... it's not the reason I'm supporting Arsenal against Bayern. I liked Ancelotti at Real Madrid and I wish him the best, but I'm tired of seeing Arsenal being defeated in this stage of the UCL and I want them to succeed this time. Plus I loved Ozil when He played for us, He is a huge talent who needs a lot of confidence to show his level and be more consistent.
    Personally it took me a while to warm to Ozil. IN my opinion he was built a reputation (in England ) off one good performance against us .Every time i saw him play at club level against big teams he was not impressive to me and i said he would have issues in our league because of the lack of time you have on the ball. Even though statistically in the 3/4 of his first season in our league he looked good in reality his input was mainly cameo apperances . He never dominated any game against any team and he was absolutely ABYSMAL against the top teams in our league . He would maybe get a goal or an assist or even both in one game but he would disappear for 80 minutes basically reducing us to 10 men . So even though he helped us score we often struggled to hang on the rest of the game because he was cowering away on one of the touch lines . The last part of his first seasons after his "injury" he came back looking like a king! He was more physically involved and also tracked back to hound players on the counter .Even if he wasn't productive in that goal stats he made the team better by hustling like everyone else . That's when i thought next season we are going to win the league for the first time in maybe 8 years . However now ,he seems to have regressed back into that old Ozil for us ,i really hope the best for him as hie does have attributes that suit us and he has proven he can play in our league now, but we just can't carry any players in this game .