Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Leg-Bayern v Arsenal-15th Feb-7.45pm

Arsenal are just getting out played and out classed. It's as simple as that I'm afraid. Arsene had his time, like 80000 years ago, about the same time Pokerkings started ranting about Wenger not having what it takes. The guys a dinosaur. Move over and let someone else drive.

Even the Arsenal fans are chanting BAYERN!

Quote Originally Posted by benniemac1986 View Post
    Pretty weird how?...
    they looked like completely different teams at times... it's like I zapped into another game in minute 15 and zapped back in this game for the second half

Oh I got you. Yeah then it was a really weird game!

FT
    Bayern 5-1 Arsenal
    1-0 Robben 11'
    1-1 Sanchez 30'
    2-1 Lewandowski 53'
    3-1 Thiago 56'
    4-1 Thiago 63'
    5-1 Muller 88'

Bayern were brilliant tonight and could have scored more than 5 had it not been for Ospina.
    I thought Spanish midfielder Thiago was amazing and had his best game ever,Robben was great too.
    Arsenal also lost this game 5-1 to Munich last season and there is no way back for them this time either.

[QUOTE=specnur;1381822]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post

I have to say this is a poor prediction mate and you are usually pretty on point!
    You do know we beat them at their manor already don't you?
    Not just beat them ran them ragged and had them shitting their pants after them having massive advantage at the emirates .
    Some will look at it like Bayern had that game under control totally and at that i say absolute tosh!
    yes in the first 20 minutes maybe ,but once we started ragging them left and right they ere absolute shitting their pants .You only need to find a tape of that game again to ridicule any notion that Bayern were comfortably in control of that game.
    Which is what infuriates me about winger's recent teams ,they can and HAVE beat the very best put in front of them ,but mental preparation is a joke at this club.
    This game however i see nothing but a full on assault of the type PSG put on Barcelona last night.

Bayern 1 Arsenal 3
    An optimistic forecast there Specs, though you were right about the mental preparation thing, it needed some fight and resolution when Koscielny went off and they appear to have collapsed instead. Only saw the highlights on BT Sport, but I understand they competed well until that point. Still, competing for one half wont win you honours. I have to say I have never seen Wenger look so utterly dejected in the post match interview, I'll be astonished if he has any real interest in staying on beyond this season.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Well i have to say i have to be highly critical of Wenger in this game .
    I predicted Arsenal to win this 1-3 ,but that was before i saw the line up.
    Two key names that stood out for me that i thought shouldn't have been starting were Iwobi and Xhaka . The moment i saw that i pretty much knew we were in trouble . Personally it should have been Walcott instead of Iwobi ,not because Walcott has been tearing it up offensively ,but because he has been tracking back and making some key intersections this season .If he Starts Robben doesn't get that first goal . That being said i cannot believe for the life of me the Coquelin hasn't seen Robben score goals before ,because he should know fully well that he will set up a shot for his left . Coq was leaning right where there were two Arsenal players already ,i think he thought Robben was going to split them .But you go fro the worst case scenario and that is Robben on his left foot because it is deadly if given the chance.

What i said before held true ,that we cannot afford to carry Ozil and again the player never showed me any reason why he should been selected for this game or any game after .His body language form as early as the 10 minute when they scored was terrible shoulders dropped and jogging about the pitch in no man's land .
    This man is playing for a new contract ? We should shop him simple as that ,enough is enough . If he can't get motivated out of his slump for a game like this then he is no good for any team looking at success. Iwobi's feet are too slow to mark a player like Robben ,but as soon as Arsenal mad that adjustment Robben was forced onto the left side of the pitch.
    Xhaka OMFG if anyone can tell me why tis player desreved to stay on rather than Coq i'd like to know .Becaus there is no way statistically i ma sure that makes any sense . He wasn't more of an attacking threat that was for sure . So if he wasn't intercepting or breaking up more plays than the Frenchman more dangerous going forward WTF was he doing? All i saw was him caught in no man's land ,where Bayern could easily pass around him . And with a team as technically good as them you cannot afford them that space . We were lucky were were not playing barcelona tonight because it would have been 8-0 and only because they took pity on us after the 70th minute.
    The Koscielny going off was an absolute disaster ,we won NOTHING in the air . One of the most shocking defensive displays i have ever seen in this competition at this stage . If Wenger doesn't see how exposed those players were tonight and address that win the Summer and they put another performance like that ,he deserves to be sacked quite frankly . I never rated Mustafi but tonight he was terrible ,completely out of his depth. He'd be gone in the summer if i had my way. PLAyers who played well Coq as usual despite that blunder for the first goal ,Gibbs , Oc wasn't bad worse this ass off , other than that i can't think of player that deserved a mention.
    The best we can hope for now is holding them to no goals and netting about 3 ourselves .Judging by this performance and that line up we got more chance of winning the lottery. Manager must take ALL the blame for selecting those players ,because they were garbage out there tonight and an embarrassment to the club.
    Last edited by specnur; 15-02-2017 at 10:14 PM.

[QUOTE=Pickleman1967;1381852]
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post

An optimistic forecast there Specs, though you were right about the mental preparation thing, it needed some fight and resolution when Koscielny went off and they appear to have collapsed instead. Only saw the highlights on BT Sport, but I understand they competed well until that point. Still, competing for one half wont win you honours. I have to say I have never seen Wenger look so utterly dejected in the post match interview, I'll be astonished if he has any real interest in staying on beyond this season.
    It was more than that mate . When you can't see how Iwobi is incapable of dealing with Robben and his advantage in foot quickness then something is wrong . And again we had too many passenger out there in Ozil and Xhaka . Couldn't afford one to be off against team as good as Bayern . It was embarrassing managers fault completely no question about it !
    Last edited by specnur; 15-02-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post

Bayern were brilliant tonight and could have scored more than 5 had it not been for Ospina.
    Yaarp, Cech dodged a bullet tonight!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I think Arsenal was pretty lucky on the ref calls.. in my opinion Bayern could have given 2 or 3 penalties..