Thread: Ref Mark Clattenburg has resigned.

Ref Mark Clattenburg has resigned.

Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg has just resigned
    as he feels that he isn't getting enough support from the FA.
    Is he right to quit or is his actions understandable given the abuse refs get now days?

Edit- He can't be that upset as he has accepted an offer to
    be an official in Saudi Arabia no doubt for a very large sum of money!

self-important and desperate to be the subject of any game.

good riddance to him.

Yeah, not a fan of refs who sometimes end up a talking point of the game as much as the players. The Saudi deal probably does pay more handsomely than his current salary, and I suppose that is more likely the real motivation. What the refs at the top level earn is spare change to the players they referee, so fair play but at least be honest about it mate.

I'd like to know what extra "support" he wants from the FA, refs have traditionally been given a hard time by fans and managers alike, it is hardly new. I actually think things have improved somewhat on the field of play, not so much surrounding the referee Man Utd style, or Roy Keane like characters spitting obscenities in their face. If a manager comes out with negative comments about a ref's display in the game he is inevitably censured and fined, unless he was thinking of that violent thug Wenger manhandling officials!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

He moved to Saudi Arabia because of the lack of support from PGMOL

He was telling a while back when I think Rooney's or some other big money moves to China were being discussed that he would also consider if a right offer came. So i doubt the support thing is very important.

I don't know if it's true but I also heard this man has some finals he refereed tattooed on himself. The man seems a bit of a moron to me.

yeah this 'support' thing is nonsense. its probably based on a few of his shocking decisions leading to red cards being rescinded.

he's gone there to earn big money, at least be honest about it. however given his history it appears quite obvious that humility and self-reflection is beyond him.

looks like Clattenburg has been asked to stay for
    a few more matches by the FA so we won't be losing him just yet.

Will there be a lap of honour or something after he's last game?

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    Maybe another tattoo paid for by the FA?!

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post

the funny thing is that he will think he deserves one