Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Quarter Finals - 2016/17

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Oh hairy bum cakes, just realised the semis are at Wembley!
    Spurs v Arsenal would be a good semi final for us neutrals to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Spurs v Arsenal would be a good semi final for us neutrals to watch!
    I'm convinced we'll get Arsenal in the next round, dunno why, just a gut feeling Hams. Hopefully we'll have Kane back by then, he is a talisman especially against the London clubs. A long old time since Spurs won a trophy, I'm feeling nervous about the semi already!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Interesting bit of analysis by Pat Nevin before the game tonight, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39224712 he is one of the pundits I like to listen to. I fancy Chelsea to beat Man Utd at home, I just think they'll win with better firepower. From a Spurs point of view an extra time grueller with lots of injuries both sides would be good!

Did Herrera get second yellow because Hazard had already been fouled much? Strange one that. Would be great if manu can score one early now. And then Chelsea ties to get it to extra time

I know they were down to ten but united should have attacked alot more in that second half. They couldn't get the ball and when they did they kept giving it away. Maybe it was tiredness or mourinho telling them to sit deep until very late.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    Did Herrera get second yellow because Hazard had already been fouled much? Strange one that. Would be great if manu can score one early now. And then Chelsea ties to get it to extra time
    Exactly my thoughts!
    It doesn't make any sense to me.
    You don't give a yellow for a NON yellow offense just because of the frequency of the fouls ,that's just ridiculous. You give it for the dangerous nature. I think the ref made a massive blunder ,just because he got fed up of hazard being fouled.

So Conte could be set for a F.A Cup and League title double in his first ever season.

...Careful what you wish for they said.

Mon 13/03/17
    Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United

The Red card after 35 mins spoiled the
    match as a contest which was a real shame.

N'Goal'o Kante was excellent again last night.

Marcos Rojo should also have been sent off.
    Utd started game well but made too many stupid
    fouls and looked like there were trying to target Hazard.

Yep, would have been interesting to see how the game would have went without the sending off but I've no sympathy at all for Herrera or his team. I think it was a 'technical' yellow, and as Hams said it seems the team in red was targeting Hazard, a really stupid thing to do against a slippery little bugger like him. Conte is surely the best signing by any club last summer, he has been a real star for them.
    So now we just have to beat Chelsea in the semi, Man City in the final (face facts Arsenal fans) - simples!

Man Utd have been charged by FA with
    failing to control their players at Stamford Bridge.

As well as Rojo i thought Valencia was lucky
    not to be sent off as well. Diego Costa was also a disgrace.