Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA Cup - Semi Finals - 2016/17

Well gutted to lose the game against Chelsea, especially after we played so well for most of the 90 minutes, but that is cup football. I have to admit I was delighted to hear Conte wasn't starting Hazard and Costa against us, only to hear that Poch had made the somewhat surprising decision to play Son as a wing back! Not sure of course, but I think he was trying to be too clever, instead of sticking with our usual formation which had proved to be highly successful in the second half of the season. As it happened after a shaky opening 20 minutes we really came into the game, though Son never looked comfortable as a wing back and posed little threat to Chelsea's defence (and he gave away a penalty with a striker's challenge!). I'm convinced we'd have been out of sight before Hazard and Costa came on if we had played with our usual formation, but ifs and buts I guess, a couple of very good goals sunk us.

As for Arsenal, very good win in the face of recent form and pressure on Wenger, he took a bit of a risk playing a defensive game first half against a team that can score a load of goals when on song, but it worked out well in the end. Man City were only inches away at times, but as I've already said that's cup football for you.
    As for the final - don't ask me to choose who I'd prefer to win, if only there was some way they could both lose!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I forgot to mention what an impeccable job Holding did for Arsenal in this game.
    I was actually really pleased to see him in the starting line up to be honest ,even though he's really young, i just think we needed what i have seen from him in the few game he's played. Someone who will step up . Hope the best for him .
    Last edited by specnur; 25-04-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    I forgot to mention what an impeccable job Holding did for Arsenal in this game.
    Iw a actually really pleased to se him in the starting line up to be honest ,even though he's really young, i just think we needed what i have seen for him in the few game he's played. Someone who will step up . Hope the best for him .
    I did laugh when he punted that ball off for a corner though when he had more than enough time to place it out for a throw easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    What WTF was Cech doing for that goal ,showing his age with that apprehension that allowed Aguero to get to that poor touch his.
    I couldn't quite figure out of he was flat footed to start with or sh*t himself from the on rushing forward. so either poor or cowardly goalkeeping - either one is obviously a worry.

I think Man City can consider themselves unlucky given the first half goal being wrongly disallowed but I have to say what a twattish move by Guardiola to take off Aguero for Delph in extra time. wtf was he thinking? that Arsenal went and scored immediately only made it even more stupid. that left them chasing the game with no striker on the pitch. even if they hadn't scored he's taken off one of their preferred penalty takers in extra time ffs. he didn't look injured but someone please tell me there was a legitimate reason for that change.

Delph then comes on, has a row and gets booked and then wastes a golden chance to level the game - although De Bruyne should have played in Sane instead. what a cameo

as for Chelsea-Spurs, another very entertaining match. the difference in Chelsea when Hazard and Costa came on was obvious and they were just too much for Spurs as their quality shone through. this should have bigger ramifications in the league as well as this will be a disheartening result for the notorious chokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    I couldn't quite figure out of he was flat footed to start with or sh*t himself from the on rushing forward. so either poor or cowardly goalkeeping - either one is obviously a worry.

I think Man City can consider themselves unlucky given the first half goal being wrongly disallowed but I have to say what a twattish move by Guardiola to take off Aguero for Delph in extra time. wtf was he thinking? that Arsenal went and scored immediately only made it even more stupid. that left them chasing the game with no striker on the pitch. even if they hadn't scored he's taken off one of their preferred penalty takers in extra time ffs. he didn't look injured but someone please tell me there was a legitimate reason for that change.

Delph then comes on, has a row and gets booked and then wastes a golden chance to level the game - although De Bruyne should have played in Sane instead. what a cameo

as for Chelsea-Spurs, another very entertaining match. the difference in Chelsea when Hazard and Costa came on was obvious and they were just too much for Spurs as their quality shone through. this should have bigger ramifications in the league as well as this will be a disheartening result for the notorious chokers.
    Yeah that delph move absolutely shocked me .I was watching the game in a pub with some mates and i said surely you would have Aguero in the game to take penalties. But i wasn't complaining one bit guardiola got out managed in this one ,with an inferior team at that .
    Last edited by specnur; 28-04-2017 at 01:21 PM.

I did laugh when he punted that ball off for a corner though when he had more than enough time to place it out for a throw easily enough.
    yeah but at that age ,you play it safe just to get your bearings . I wasn't mad about that can only expect so much from the Englishman .

At least we're good enough to have something to choke on, all the best for the West Ham mid-table mediocrity party in May!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    At least we're good enough to have something to choke on, all the best for the West Ham mid-table mediocrity party in May!

most medical professionals would, I'm sure, state that its better not to have something to choke on. who am I to argue with the experts

meanwhile, whilst I would consider an FA Cup Semi Final a fine occasion to take a six year old girl to, it seems those filthy scumbags at Spurs have other ideas: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39729568

meanwhile, whilst I would consider an FA Cup Semi Final a fine occasion to take a six year old girl to, it seems those filthy scumbags at Spurs have other ideas: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39729568
    Disgusting.

Just watched that game ,and i'll tell you what 30 minutes in and i never heard Matic's name once, didn't even know he was playing .
    Alli is a dirty little b@st@rd ,the reason i think he knew what he was doing in regards to that Luiz stomp ,is because normally in that situation if an accident you would go over and apologize as a fellow professional knowing what career ending results could culminate form that incident. He never even looked back . An brilliant career ahead of the boy really like his talent ,but that's a part of his game he needs to iron out.
    A lot f people are saying Spurs bossed the first half ,but i would say it was even for the first 20 minutes Chelsea bossed it for sure .
    Kante was the best player on the pitch in that first half for sure ,maybe the entire game ,but not sure.
    Son was sh!t in that position , Eriksen had a decent game .I often think of Oil when i see him play ,because in season's previous he had a tendency to disappear in game ,especially the big one . This seasons he has been very effective ,not making crunching tackles but getting himself in the way of counters which is all you can ask. Good game ,and think watching it live it must have been a nail biter not knowing what the outcome was going to be. Chelsea are still blessed with depth of the unlimited funds era ,and that will carry over for some time to come i think. being bale to bring player like that off the bench is something i don't think any other team can do in football right now . Man i dislike Chelsea fans though.