Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Utd v Chelsea-16th April-Kick Off-4pm

Man Utd v Chelsea-16th April-Kick Off-4pm

Man Utd won their last game 3-0 away at Sunderland to continue
    their long unbeaten PL run and move to within 4 points of rivals City.
    Chelsea won 3-1 away at Bournemouth in last match and stay 7 points clear.
    Can Utd put late dent in Blues title ambitions? I'm sure Mourinho will hope so!

Clearly the game of the weekend, more because of the obvious connection Mourinho has with Chelsea than any real impact on the team in blue's march to the title. The point was made on MOTD that Man United have dropped points against teams in the lower regions of the league, but they haven't been beat for a long old time. I just get the feeling they need another Ibrahimovic, just 10 years younger, to make the difference in turning Ds to Ws.

Chelsea don't look in any danger of choking, they looked wholly professional in the way they beat a potentially tricky Bournemouth side away. I hate giving Chelsea any credit, but Conte has done a superb job in his first season in the PL with a team that struggled last season. He has been assisted by the likes of Hazard deciding he wants to play again, and the acquisition of the superb Kante, but nonetheless he takes a lot of credit for the way he has changed the set up.

Man Utd 1 Chelsea 1
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Good win fro United over the overrated Chelsea team .
    The northerners should take this into next season when they come up against them again and tell themselves we beat them when we were in the latter stages of a European tournament .
    Chelsea exposed today and this vaunted back 3 set up of Conte's.
    I don't care what set up you have ,if you players are of the height of Chelsea defensive lot they will always have trouble if the opposition is playing near form.
    I have grown to realize how underrated Valencia is ! As a modern day style end to end player i can't think of many as balanced as this player in the league. His name will never get mentioned in that regard by anyone in the press ,but you can't ignore his work rate and quality when you compare him to the rest.

FT
    Man Utd 2-0 Chelsea
    1-0 Rashford 7'
    2-0 Herrera 49'

Good display from Utd today and deserved win
    against Chelsea whose lead at top is only 4 points now.
    The Blues didn't even have a single shot on target in game!
    This was probably one of Man Utd's best performances
    since Mourinho took charge and were without Pogba or Zlatan.
    The forward combination of Rashford and Lingard could be one for future?

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    The forward combination of Rashford and Lingard could be one for future?
    Yes, definitely has promise, I really didn't think Rashford could lead the line as well as he did today. I thought Mourinho would have to bring Ibrahimovic on to bail him out, but in the end a comfortable win for Manure.
    Chelsea just didn't fire today, Hazard anonymous, Costa well marshalled, lets hope they continue that form into the cup semi on Saturday!

Four point gap now, what a spiffing weekend!

Well deserved win for united but I don't think alot of the United fans will be happy how they went about it. There really isn't much of a difference between van gaals and mourinhos united. I think most united fans will want a more open attacking united team next year. I also have never been impressed by chelsea this season. They have the advantage of no European football and they don't really perform against the top teams. Next year is going to be alot harder for them with the the extra games in Europe and I don't think they will win the league again unless they spend a few hundred million. I think united might have to spend that amount on a few attackers and midfielders also

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    Well deserved win for united but I don't think alot of the United fans will be happy how they went about it. There really isn't much of a difference between van gaals and mourinhos united. I think most united fans will want a more open attacking united team next year. I also have never been impressed by chelsea this season. They have the advantage of no European football and they don't really perform against the top teams. Next year is going to be alot harder for them with the the extra games in Europe and I don't think they will win the league again unless they spend a few hundred million. I think united might have to spend that amount on a few attackers and midfielders also
    Pretty much have to disagree with that mate, this was the first time in a long time that Man United looked like a team in charge on their own turf. LVG never put out a team that looked like they owned the turf, today they did though. Dunno where Chelsea go next season with CL to contend with, but Conte is no patsy, I suspect Chelsea will be contenders.

Yea what are you on about eaman. That was most exiting manu since ages. I fell asleep during the half time though but heard the second half was good as well. You are tight about Chelsea propably though.

People are now saying what a genius Mourinho is for fielding that team but I must say he didn't really have anything to lose and propably wanted to rest key players for EL.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    That was most exiting manu since ages. I fell asleep during the half time though

Utd are 4 points from City. You can't help but think that next season will be incredibly competitive at the top end of the table. A really important win for Utd really.

Half time it was!