Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 78918 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 210

Thread: 2017 General Election

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    When this election was first called it looked as if it would be an easy win for the crook Tories. However, Labour have clearly gained some ground which is good news for "The Many".

    Haven't had a chance to come back to you regarding Corbyn yet Steely, but the more I understand about him the more I prefer him as PM to May.

    Neither are perfect, but Corbyn would certainly be a lot better for people with families like yourself and others by taxing the living daylights out of the rich!

    Vote Labour!!!!
    the two biggest things in the public conscience right now are Brexit and terrorism.

    Corbyn scores extremely low on both of those things and make it impossible for me to vote Labour.

    I don't see wealthy people as a particular threat to me or my family right now.

  2. #72
    Weird.

    Because with recent terrorist events, I'd say under the Tories we've already had Westminster and Manchester.

    MI5 have just come out today and said about the cuts they've had to endure under this government as well as the 22,000+ less Police and the countless cuts in Public service over the last 7 years under them, I'd say it all goes hand in hand.

    As for Brexit, let not pretend immigration hasn't played a huge part in, not only wage suppression but most probably terrorism too which was all under May's watch when she was Home Secretary.

    And let's not forget May's recent meeting with the Saudi's who we all know arm and fund these lunatics.

    Let's cut the bullsh*t. This Election is between either The Tories or Labour. I'm, for the record will never say that Labour are a shinning beacon of success for us all. But, I've had the Tories f**k this up for long enough.

    I see them responsible for Terrorism, Brexit and serving the Wealthy. So Labour are the alternative to all that. That's why I voted to the the EU, so I can vote and hold those responsible for this entire mess and opt for an alternative.

    Time for change is well over due

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    Weird.

    Because with recent terrorist events, I'd say under the Tories we've already had Westminster and Manchester.

    MI5 have just come out today and said about the cuts they've had to endure under this government as well as the 22,000+ less Police and the countless cuts in Public service over the last 7 years under them, I'd say it all goes hand in hand.
    I bet that if you tracked down the constituency of every individual who went to fight for ISIS, as well as those that have committed terrorist acts in this country, the vast majority if not every one of them will have come from a Labour stronghold.

    similarly if we look at the child grooming scandals - what % of those are/were in Labour strongholds?

    Your boy Corbyn declared Hamas as his friends. well I consider him guilty by association anybody who can even consider using such a term to describe such backward, genocidal filth as friends will never, ever get a vote from me.

    if you're going to attribute 'blame' to the Tories for Westminster and Manchester then you should also consider that Labour also took us into both Iraq and Afghanistan. 7/7 also happened on Labour's watch.

    People aren't attacking us because of police cuts, they're attacking us because they hate us. and this hatred has been allowed to fester and blossom unchecked by authorities for decades in probably exclusively Labour strongholds.

    perhaps you inadvertently raise an interesting point though, religious institutions are tax exempt and also enjoy public subsidy in various guises. however there is an obviously significant burden on our police and security forces in managing the threat from religious fanatics. how about we heavily tax all religious institutions? make them pay financially to contribute towards the burden their superstition places upon our resources?

    why should public money be diverted from other sources in order to prop up an ever expanding network of spies and specialist police units to deal with what is a very specific and isolated threat from one cross section of society? religious institutions have had it too good for too long. lets make them own their misdeeds through heavy taxation. you can look at it as reparation, if you like.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    As for Brexit, let not pretend immigration hasn't played a huge part in, not only wage suppression but most probably terrorism too which was all under May's watch when she was Home Secretary.
    So how would getting somebody in who would likely hinder the exit process help with this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    And let's not forget May's recent meeting with the Saudi's who we all know arm and fund these lunatics.
    for sure, I'd sooner we had no dealings whatsoever with them and their kind. I've made that clear numerous times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    Let's cut the bullsh*t. This Election is between either The Tories or Labour. I'm, for the record will never say that Labour are a shinning beacon of success for us all. But, I've had the Tories f**k this up for long enough.

    I see them responsible for Terrorism, Brexit and serving the Wealthy. So Labour are the alternative to all that. That's why I voted to the the EU, so I can vote and hold those responsible for this entire mess and opt for an alternative.

    Time for change is well over due
    I'm baffled.

    how are they responsible for terrorism? the first ever Islamist suicide attack on UK soil was done under a Labour government. even today, many apologists point to the Labour decision to invade Iraq and Afghanistan as being one of the key reasons these people are attacking us. so I ask again, how are the Tories responsible?

    responsible for Brexit? well yes, they called the referendum. the people got what they voted for. are you saying this is a bad thing now? didn't you vote Brexit? so you obviously think/thought Corbyn was wrong on this issue. have you changed your mind?

    serving the wealthy? what are you defining as wealthy? 40k a year? 50k a year? 70k a year? 100k plus a year? of course they are guilty of giving leg ups to chums etc, I completely agree with you on that though.

    again though I don't see this as the biggest issue of the current election. it is something to come back to next time around, for sure. Are Labour an alternative?

    TERROR - They brought terrorism to our shores with their constituencies being breeding grounds of hate, they invaded two countries to force regime change and have been guilty of overlooking the mass rape of children across several towns and cities.

    BREXIT - their official position was to campaign against Brexit and certainly never even wanted the referendum. Abbott has effectively gone as far as calling leave voters racists.

    SERVING THE WEALTHY - depends exactly what you mean by this but you'll need to explain to me how Labour will improve the lot of me and my family - who are most certainly not wealthy.

    to be honest, i'll probably not even vote in the election. I live in a Tory stronghold anyway so my vote is next to worthless but I can't envisage a situation in which Corbyn as prime minister is palatable. I'm content to sit tight, get out of the EU, assess where we are and then consider my voting options next time around - hopefully by then Labour will have somebody I can vote for at the top.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    how are they responsible for terrorism? the first ever Islamist suicide attack on UK soil was done under a Labour government. even today, many apologists point to the Labour decision to invade Iraq and Afghanistan as being one of the key reasons these people are attacking us. so I ask again, how are the Tories responsible? .
    The Tories back the wars too. 244 of the 412 Labour MPs voted for the war in Iraq (60%) compared to 139 of the 166 Tory MPs (83%).
    Last edited by Seamus; 25-05-2017 at 08:34 PM.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    The Tories back the wars too. 244 of the 412 Labour MPs voted for the war in Iraq (60%) compared to 139 of the 166 Tory MPs (83%).
    here we go again

    Labour took us into the wars, as you well know. trying to shift focus on Iraq and Afghanistan to the Tories is so politically biased it is beyond belief.

  6. #76
    Jeremy Corbyn

    Anti British,Anti Semitic,hates our armed forces and royal family.

    He is Pro IRA,Hamas,Palestinian and Hezbolah he would hand Falklands
    back to Argentina and i also imagine give Gibraltar to the Spanish without a fight.

    This is a very dangerous man who would change our British way of life for ever.

    Dont be fooled into thinking that he seems like a decent bloke as he hates all we stand for.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    here we go again

    Labour took us into the wars, as you well know. trying to shift focus on Iraq and Afghanistan to the Tories is so politically biased it is beyond belief.
    It is impossible not to shift focus to the Tories on this subject. 168 Labour MPs didn't back the government led by the most right wing leader that Labour have ever had, it was the biggest rebellion in modern political history. The only major party to overwhelmingly support military action were the Tories!. To try and portray this as a Labour war with no Tory involvement is so politically unaware it is beyond belief.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    People aren't attacking us because of police cuts, they're attacking us because they hate us. and this hatred has been allowed to fester and blossom unchecked by authorities for decades in probably exclusively Labour strongholds.
    \

    Absolute bollocks!

    They don't hate YOU they hate your establishment ands what it has done in THIER land. If your comment had any truth to it why hasn't this happened decades ago?People have just had enough of what your politicians have been doing for years, the ridiculous thing the terrorists have done is think that targeting innocent people will hurt that actual culprits .But what they don't understand is that they are dealing with a people (the establishment) without a conscience so it has absolutely no affect on change in their region.

  9. #79
    The absolute arrogance of anyone who thinks handing back land that is not within it's own waters is astounding if not downright depressing.
    This is the problem ,that people STILL to this day believe they have the RIGHT to whatever land they set their eyes on.
    They can look at the map see some island all the way over there and think to themselves ,yeah why not no one lives there.
    Or even if someone did live there it wouldn't make a bit of difference to some.
    It is this very thought process that will continue a life of misery and fear for us,because they just don't f@cking get it!
    We have no business in any land outside of our own waters simple as that . Once you accept that ideology then you begin to make the changes ,mentally, that will promote humility . And only then will we as a country be respected the world over. Respect through power no longer works those days are done.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    It is impossible not to shift focus to the Tories on this subject. 168 Labour MPs didn't back the government led by the most right wing leader that Labour have ever had, it was the biggest rebellion in modern political history. The only major party to overwhelmingly support military action were the Tories!. To try and portray this as a Labour war with no Tory involvement is so politically unaware it is beyond belief.
    The Labour government took us into both wars. it really is that simple.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •