Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 General Election

I voted Conservative in the last erection.

The day when politician's answer a question directly, will be the day that I vote for them - despite being Conservative.

I believe that the Tories will make us a better country, while not what is popular to get them elected again.

I hate austerity, but believe it's needed to make the money saving fairer, and, we get such a great ride in this country of ours, so, we need to be appreciative of what we have.

The money has to come from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipster View Post

The day when politician's answer a question directly, will be the day that I vote for them - despite being Conservative.

I believe that the Tories will make us a better country, while not what is popular to get them elected again.

I hate austerity, but believe it's needed to make the money saving fairer, and, we get such a great ride in this country of ours, so, we need to be appreciative of what we have.

The money has to come from somewhere.
    Austerity and Osbornomics hasn't worked - the UK debt has trebled since 2010!.

Tim Farron has quit as leader of the Lib Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipster View Post
    R isn't anywhere near l in the keyboard. This must be some kind of Freudian thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Pokers has already pointed out why this was such a great election for Labour and Corbyn and all I would add is that this election was the first time in 20 years that Labour actually gained seats!. What kind of party would get rid of a leader who does that?!..
    One that wants to be in government.

1979: Labour won 269 seats - James Callaghan resigned.
    1992 : Labour won 271 seats - Neil Kinnock resigned

It looks as if the PM is now going to have to give ground on her 'Hard Brexit' plan and seek to keep the UK in the single market. How weird that May says 'No deal is better than a bad deal' when dealing with the EU but 'Any deal is better than no deal' when dealing with her new partners, the homophobic climate change deniers.
    you seem pleased at potential trouble with Brexit. would you like us to remain in the single market and, therefore, retain free movement of people?

The funniest thing to come out of this election is seeing all the Labour MPs who were willing to stab Corbyn in the back, like Chuka Umunna and Owen Smith, now admitting they got it wrong and saying they would serve in his shadow cabinet.
    for sure, always funny to see people doubling back on themselves. the even funnier thing about Umunna is that he had his chance to stake his own leadership claim but bottled it. at least Owen Smith had a go himself, albeit on a heavily flawed premise.

In other news Tim Farron has stood down as Lib Dem leader after continuous questions about aspects of his Christian beleifs have taken its toll. In a speech he said - “To be a political leader – especially of a progressive, liberal party in 2017 – and to live as a committed Christian, to hold faithfully to the Bible’s teaching, has felt impossible for me.”
    that is a statement that requires far greater scrutiny than it has had. it quite clearly implies that Christian beliefs are incompatible with a liberal society. yet we continue to bend over backwards to appease religion and the religious.

it also implies that he has been dishonest with his true beliefs for political gain.

there will be a time in the future when we're all dead and people will look back at us and wonder what the f*ck we were playing at.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    R isn't anywhere near l in the keyboard. This must be some kind of Freudian thing?
    I think our man Tipster has previously expressed his lust for Ms May. it's the power that excites him, I suspect.

Austerity and Osbornomics hasn't worked - the UK debt has trebled since 2010!.
    So how would vastly increased public spending halt that?

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    Politics on the brain. Ha.

Sums politics up and why so many don't vote. No keys near, but more nearer humour than the original word.

Mrs May is alright. Sure.

Don't get me started on Amber Rudd.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    One that wants to be in government.

1979: Labour won 269 seats - James Callaghan resigned.
    1992 : Labour won 271 seats - Neil Kinnock resigned
    I don't follow. Callaghan lost seats in 79. Kinnock was expected to win in 92 but lost. No-one expected Corbyn to do so well.

you seem pleased at potential trouble with Brexit. would you like us to remain in the single market and, therefore, retain free movement of people?
    I don't like the idea of free movement of people but if its the only way we remain part of the single market then so be it. Immigration was not my main reason for voting to leave, but I understand why people like yourself would be swayed by it. Maybe if i lived in London, Manchester, Glasgow etc I would feel different.

So how would vastly increased public spending halt that?
    We will never know how strategic investment may have affected the economy. What is clear is that the Tories economic policy hasn't worked.

If the general election was taking place next week i think that the Labour party
    would have won it for sure as the response from the government to the tower block
    fire has been a bloody disgrace. Its been 3 days now and there is still no official help.

I don't see Theresa May lasting as PM for much longer, there is still no deal yet with the DUP.