Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4131415 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 210

Thread: 2017 General Election

  1. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    you mean "they retained 60% of the seats they contested"

    whatever. it is spin. I admire your efforts at painting this as anything other than a dramatic loss for the SNP
    Its not a loss!, they won a majority of the seats in Scotland - that's a win!. Thats not spin, its a fact!.

    The Tories lost seats and lost their majority and you say they are the winners, the SNP lost seats but kept their majority in Scotland and you call it a dramatic loss!.

    The Tories gained seats in Scotland but came 2nd and you say they deserve credit, Labour gained seats in England and Wales but came 2nd and you label Corbyn a loser!

  2. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    fair play to him for still going - I saw him on some tv comedy panel show a couple of years ago and he looked like life was catching up with him

    that's strange, I thought that Corbyn supporters' sh*t didn't stink
    LOL!

    He's a probably one of the greatest talents England has ever produced but yet to be recognized as such.

  3. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    they did win a majority of the seats in Scotland. I'm not disputing facts mate.
    Well at least now you admit that they won rather than a 'dramatic loss!'

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    They still comfortably secured the most seats and the most votes and are therefore the winners.
    That's not how it works!. You win if get a majority. The Tories need 325 to win, they didnt get that. They had to cobble together a shakey agreement with a bunch of ultra religious nutters. The PM is under pressure, the cabinet is split and senior figures are now positioning themsleves to take over after the summer reccess. Doesnt sound like winners to me!.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    the Tories were second in a region in which it was said there were more Giant Pandas than Tory MPs. I think you've made that same gag yourself on the forum actually. yet here we are with them in second place. the turnaround is dramatic. they were non-existent because of the SNP, Lib Dems and Labour. I'm not sure why you'd ignore the obvious turnaround in them now becoming the biggest threat to the SNP, from nowhere.

    Labour, meanwhile, came second in a two horse race with a seat haul only fractionally better than Gordon Brown.
    The Tories did better in Scotland than anyone would have imagined in the same way that Labour made huge gains where everyone, us included predicted a massive majority for the Tories.

  4. #134
    I see that Corbyn has now admitted that if Labour had won
    the general election there is no chance any government of his
    could have cleared the 100 Billion worth of national debt of students
    or given free university places to all in the future so it was a MASSIVE LIE.

    So when ever we have our next election students must not fall for this crap again.

  5. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    I see that Corbyn has now admitted that if Labour had won
    the general election there is no chance any government of his
    could have cleared the 100 Billion worth of national debt of students
    or given free university places to all in the future so it was a MASSIVE LIE.

    So when ever we have our next election students must not fall for this crap again.
    That's a bit odd Hams?

    Considering student fees were 3000 per year under Labour but was changed to 9000 per year by the Tories.

    I would point the finger to a Labour leader....

  6. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    I'd love to know what % of student debt is actual education costs and what % is extra curricular.
    Well that's your homework for over the weekend sunshine.

  7. #137
    In the meantime I hear that Vince Cable has become leader of the Lib Dems after it appeared that no-one else wanted the job!.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •