Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 General Election

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Could the Cons take any seats from the SNP in Scotland?
    I think their female leader up there is excellent and a good opponent for Sturgeon.
    Ruth Davidson has won a few admirers up here for opposing Sturgeon in a way that Dugdale couldn't but her support has suffered setbacks recently following the Rape Clause debacle and her call for the Tories to stage a walk out at Hollyrood is a 2nd Independence Referendum goes ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    Depends what Brexit you want?

More NHS cuts?
    More welfare cuts?
    More special tax deals for large corporations?
    More job/employment insecurity?
    More inequality?

Teresa May will do what's best her and the extremely rich. She doesn't give a shit about the people she's supposed to be serving.

Unfortunately people will make this all about Brexit and will vote the Tories and May knows it. Clever? Maybe, but to me it's just more of the same underhanded tactics the Tories use to gain advantages so they can continue to serve the wealthy.

Speaking of which, George Osborne is stepping down as an MP. This is the kind of people running the UK. Setting themselves up for further privilege.
    mate, you don't need to tell me of their practices. I could tell you first hand stories that would make your blood boil. however you make the mistake of thinking that any of the others are not cut from the same cloth.

hasn't expenditure on the NHS actually gone up under the Tories? sure I'd read that somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    hasn't expenditure on the NHS actually gone up under the Tories? sure I'd read that somewhere
    Though NHS funding is growing, it is slowing considerably compared to historical trends apparently:-

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/project...ell/nhs-budget

Let us also not forget that this was the government that promised to pay back the national debt and instead it has gone up from 960 Million in 2010 to over 1.5 Trillion last year!.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    mate, you don't need to tell me of their practices. I could tell you first hand stories that would make your blood boil. however you make the mistake of thinking that any of the others are not cut from the same cloth.

Honestly mate I don't know without looking that up. But from what I've seen and read the NHS is on its knees under their watch.

I was interested to see how Teresa May would perform as Prime Minister. And already she's reverted to the typical lying, untrustworthy Conservative politician she is. She's also coming across to me as quite weak and nervous. How long ago was it we heard her say on the BBC news how she'll never do a snap election. You simply can't trust a single word they say.

This is exactly why I voted out of the EU. Now we can choose who governs us. We now need to make the next move and out the Tory party.

Are Labour 'cut from the same cloth"? Probably some of them, especially the ones that don't like Corbyn it would seem to me. The ones that don't want their high earnings cut to help shoulder the burden. Private interest?

I'm willing to "roll the dice" as you would say.... What is there to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    Honestly mate I don't know without looking that up. But from what I've seen and read the NHS is on its knees under their watch.

I was interested to see how Teresa May would perform as Prime Minister. And already she's reverted to the typical lying, untrustworthy Conservative politician she is. She's also coming across to me as quite weak and nervous. How long ago was it we heard her say on the BBC news how she'll never do a snap election. You simply can't trust a single word they say.

This is exactly why I voted out of the EU. Now we can choose who governs us. We now need to make the next move and out the Tory party.

Are Labour 'cut from the same cloth"? Probably some of them, especially the ones that don't like Corbyn it would seem to me. The ones that don't want their high earnings cut to help shoulder the burden. Private interest?

I'm willing to "roll the dice" as you would say.... What is there to lose.
    I understand all of that. I would point you to our esteemed Labour Mayor of London for easily comparable traits to everything you have mentioned against May.

Shysters, the lot of them.

Labour has finally announced that is has a Brexit strategy and would allow EU migrants currently in the UK so stay after Brexit. They have also said that they would seek to stay in the common market and broker some sort of border agreement.

In other news, Corbyn has said that he could not envisage a situation in which he would order a pre-emtive nuclear strike. This said been seazed on the by the Tories and labelled 'a serious security risk'. I must have missed something here, why would a man saying that he would not risk triggering Nuclear Armageddon be considered a security risk?!.

I really don't know why Corbyn gets such a hard time. He's not perfect but seems a pretty decent compassionate bloke to me. Isn't this the kind of change we need.

I heard someone talking about how Trump is going to cause of kinds of wars the other day, then, in the same breathe moaned about how ridiculous Corbyn is for suggesting never to allow air strikes. You couldn't make this up.

for the first time in my life i will vote !

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Labour has finally announced that is has a Brexit strategy and would allow EU migrants currently in the UK so stay after Brexit. They have also said that they would seek to stay in the common market and broker some sort of border agreement.

In other news, Corbyn has said that he could not envisage a situation in which he would order a pre-emtive nuclear strike. This said been seazed on the by the Tories and labelled 'a serious security risk'. I must have missed something here, why would a man saying that he would not risk triggering Nuclear Armageddon be considered a security risk?!.
    An absolute f@cking joke mate!
    The press controls the masses in how they view things ,which is why Corbyn in my observation is looked down upon by his own voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    It's just a stupid statement to make. it really isn't hard to envisage a situation in which that would be necessary, however unlikely it may be.