Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 General Election

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    mate, you don't need to tell me of their practices. I could tell you first hand stories that would make your blood boil. however you make the mistake of thinking that any of the others are not cut from the same cloth.

hasn't expenditure on the NHS actually gone up under the Tories? sure I'd read that somewhere
    Honestly mate I don't know without looking that up. But from what I've seen and read the NHS is on its knees under their watch.

I was interested to see how Teresa May would perform as Prime Minister. And already she's reverted to the typical lying, untrustworthy Conservative politician she is. She's also coming across to me as quite weak and nervous. How long ago was it we heard her say on the BBC news how she'll never do a snap election. You simply can't trust a single word they say.

This is exactly why I voted out of the EU. Now we can choose who governs us. We now need to make the next move and out the Tory party.

Are Labour 'cut from the same cloth"? Probably some of them, especially the ones that don't like Corbyn it would seem to me. The ones that don't want their high earnings cut to help shoulder the burden. Private interest?

I'm willing to "roll the dice" as you would say.... What is there to lose.

Labour has finally announced that is has a Brexit strategy and would allow EU migrants currently in the UK so stay after Brexit. They have also said that they would seek to stay in the common market and broker some sort of border agreement.

In other news, Corbyn has said that he could not envisage a situation in which he would order a pre-emtive nuclear strike. This said been seazed on the by the Tories and labelled 'a serious security risk'. I must have missed something here, why would a man saying that he would not risk triggering Nuclear Armageddon be considered a security risk?!.

I really don't know why Corbyn gets such a hard time. He's not perfect but seems a pretty decent compassionate bloke to me. Isn't this the kind of change we need.

I heard someone talking about how Trump is going to cause of kinds of wars the other day, then, in the same breathe moaned about how ridiculous Corbyn is for suggesting never to allow air strikes. You couldn't make this up.

for the first time in my life i will vote !

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Labour has finally announced that is has a Brexit strategy and would allow EU migrants currently in the UK so stay after Brexit. They have also said that they would seek to stay in the common market and broker some sort of border agreement.

In other news, Corbyn has said that he could not envisage a situation in which he would order a pre-emtive nuclear strike. This said been seazed on the by the Tories and labelled 'a serious security risk'. I must have missed something here, why would a man saying that he would not risk triggering Nuclear Armageddon be considered a security risk?!.
    An absolute f@cking joke mate!
    The press controls the masses in how they view things ,which is why Corbyn in my observation is looked down upon by his own voters.

he appeared somewhat less decent and compassionate when supporting the terrorism from the IRA, of course in pursuit of their and his goal of a unified Ireland - contrary to the wishes of the Northern Irish public. he even went as far as to oppose the Anglo-Irish Agreement.
    He has courted some dodgy friends in the past. Did he actually sell the IRA weapons, if not then his support for terrorists didn't go quite as far as Thatcher. Maybe that's why the Tories say he is not fit to be the PM?.

he appeared somewhat less decent and compassionate when supporting the terrorism from the IRA, of course in pursuit of their and his goal of a unified Ireland - contrary to the wishes of the Northern Irish public. he even went as far as to oppose the Anglo-Irish Agreement.
    I'm more aware of that, but I'm not voting for a Corbyn party, I'm voting for a Labour party. I'm more interested about how he would run the country as a PM than what he campaigned about in the past. What I know for sure is under a tory party we are heading for another recession. That's why I'll vote the next majority.

I know for sure is under a tory party we are heading for another recession.
    when David Cameron became PM in 2010 we were in a massive financial mess caused by the
    likes of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown and the Conservatives are still trying to get us back on
    track so the last thing we need is another Labour government coming in and over spending like they always do.

I know times are tough at the moment with wages staying same but bills still going up but I'm
    convinced that this short term pain will eventually lead to a long term gain and we will all become better off.

The last thing we need is Jeremy Corbyn coming and going to war on big business and the rich as
    all that will do is lead to company's cutting back on JOBS to pay more taxes and ordinary folk will end up unemployed

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    when David Cameron became PM in 2010 we were in a massive financial mess caused by the
    likes of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown and the Conservatives are still trying to get us back on
    track so the last thing we need is another Labour government coming in and over spending like they always do.
    Seriously?!?!. I cant believe that people are still swallowing all that Daily Mail crap even now!. The recession was not caused by Gordon Brown or Tony Blair!. The Recession was caused by a global market meltdown. There were recessions in the U.S, Spain, Portugal, Iceland, Greece, Ireland - practically all of Europe suffered economically - was that all Gordon Browns fault?!. When you sign up your economy to the 'magic of the market' as all of our main parties do then recessions are inevitable.

The Tories came into power saying that they were going to cut the defecit and pay back the debt - they have more than TREBLED the debt!!. Even after the most vunerable people in society had to suffer brutal cuts, such as DLA being slashed. The Tories have failed catastrophically to provide the kind of financial security that they promised. Osbornomics is a sham as millions suffer yet corporations get away with paying a pittance in tax. Let us not forget that the economy was growing in the first 2 quarters in 2010 until the Tories came in with their slash and burn policy sending us into a double dip recession when other countries were recovering.

Conservatives getting us back on track?!?! - It beggers belief that in this supposedly democratic society our mainstream media is allowed to report news like a Tory election pamphlet.

Anybody who wants to put their trust in them once more needs their head examining...

aren't they the same thing? the current Labour party couldn't be more entrenched with its Leader with all senior shadow cabinet positions taken up by his London metropolitan elites.

doesn't his past behaviour give you some indication of how he would operate as PM? we have a man that actively opposed the Anglo-Irish Agreement and positioned himself unashamedly on the side of people that were blowing up British children in pursuit of their goals.

in the current climate I consider that a considerable concern.

you said he was "decent and compassionate" but i've yet to see evidence of that.
    I'll have to read up more on that when I get time.