Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Leicester-26th April-Kick Off-7.45pm

Arsenal v Leicester-26th April-Kick Off-7.45pm

Arsenal won their last PL game 2-1 away at Middlesbrough.
    A win at Emirates against Foxes would move them 4 points behind City.
    Leicester drew their last game 2-2 away at Crystal Palace and are now
    6 points above the drop zone with 2 matches in hand so almost safe.

I think Arsenal will have been greatly boosted by beating City in the cup and will be up for this. To be honest even in Leicester's title winning season Arsenal seemed to have little problems in beating them.

Leicester now have nothing to play for, interesting to see how the club shapes up after getting knocked out the CL. Don't think they'll be really up for this.

Arsenal 3 Leicester 0
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Well they and that look easy !
    Leicester seems to have about 15 men behind that ball ffs!
    An Arsenal team of 5 years ago would have penetrated it without question but not this lot the way they are playing.
    The Passing has dropped off dramatically in this team in recent years ,chichis not a good sign .
    But yet again Leicester cIty current title holders have no answer to even this Arsenal team , probably the midlands best chance of beating us in recent years.

Anyway it will be interesting to see the result of the man cit man u game and my early prediction was a Man U win .
    If that come true ,it will be a nail biting end to the season .I said a month ago that If Wenger pulls the top four off this season it will be a miracle ,but with Man U win it looks quite possible . If he does get that fourth spot he'll leave in the summer , i have no doubt about that .

Yet to see the highlights, but like Tottenham's game against Palace the result was more important than the performance for Arsenal. Sets things up nicely for the NLD!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

FT
    Arsenal 1-0 Leicester
    1-0 Huth OG 84'

Arsenal move to just 4 points behind 4th placed Man City.

I see that Sanchez was cheating again last night....

Sanchez made a fool out of himself! Ref should have done better there. He was just watching. I would blame the ref as well here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    I see that Sanchez was cheating again last night....
    I'm not sure what Sanchez did wrong? Yes, he's supposed to be further away but the ref told Fuchs to get on with it.

Sanchez had the ball thrown at him then Leicester get a free kick?

It was more awful officiating than anything else. But regardless, if we are cheating I want more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    I'm not sure what Sanchez did wrong? Yes, he's supposed to be further away but the ref told Fuchs to get on with it.

Sanchez had the ball thrown at him then
    Leicester get a free kick?

It was more awful officiating than anything else. But regardless, if we are cheating I want more of it.
    The ball clearly hit his shoulder but he went down holding his face in agony.
    It reminded me of the incident with Rivaldo all those years ago at the world cup!
    What was even more funny was the pic on twitter after showing his alleged cut lip.
    The response from Robert Huth was classic though! Sanchez needs to stop cheating!

The ball came off his shoulder and into his face. I'm not denying he didn't make a meal of it though.