Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tottenham v Arsenal-30th April-Kick Off-4.30pm

FT
    Tottenham 2-0 Arsenal
    1-0 Alli 55'
    2-0 Kane 58' PEN

Spurs win the last ever derby at WHL and make it 9 wins in a row.
    They will also finish above Arsenal in the table for first time in 20 years.

I can't believe that Wenger played The Ox as a RWB! He is a CM surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    Well, he gets sacked, then sectioned, then placed in a care home to see out the rest of his life playing Rummy card games.

He then goes down as being one of the worse managers ever to come to this giant club.
    I am sorry but you cant call him one of the worst manager to come to the club of stature of Arsenal. He did a lot for Arsenal. Unbeaten run, run of titles, doing a fantastic job on very tight budget when Arsenal planned to move away from Highbury to Emirates Stadium, he a splendid job than anyone could ever do. For me he is the best manager right now in the premier league with what he has done for the club and fans. He is the best manager that Premier league saw since Sir Alex after inception of Premier League.

I can totally understand your frustration finishing out of top four and below Spurs. But think about this, we never thought we would finish 7th after title win and stay out of contention for 3 years in a row. Things happen. Its not Wenger who plays on the pitch, its the players letting him down.

I think he doesnt deserve all the bashing from the fans after what he has done to the club for years. If the board wants to sack him then thats fine. But please dont be disrespectful to the man who did absolutely everything for the club.

Did Harry Kane dive to win the penalty?
    Arsene Wenger who usually doesn't see anything says yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Did Harry Kane dive to win the penalty?
    Arsene Wenger who usually doesn't see anything says yes he did.
    Yeah, funny that isn't it? I've watched it back and it does look like a dive, at the time I thought it was a pen all day long but I was in the South stand so a long way from the Arsenal goal. It is cheating, and the truth is Tottenham had enough chances in open play to win by three or four goals, Cech done well to keep it respectable. What do you do to eliminate diving from the game? Video refereeing? Retrospective sanctions? Personally I'm not convinced video refereeing is going to work in football, because you get some fouls or penalty calls that pundits debate a long time after the game is over. Retrospective punishment is perhaps the best option where a player dives to win a penalty, which in this case would mean a yellow card for Kane (as he picked up a yellow in the game it would then convert to a retrospective red and mean he misses a game?). Either that or we just put up with it, as a bit of 'sportsmanship' used in the modern game because strikers wont stop doing it until they know a meaningful punishment may result.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

a bit of level headedness for once !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd41...ature=youtu.be

Robbie dear dear dear .
    Spurs fans classy! Come this way you "bl@ck c*nt"......ouch!!!!
    Hope some of the spurs player get to see this .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlFEi-LquHY
    Last edited by specnur; 01-05-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Retrospective sanctions?
    why not?
    If they knew that they would still be punished
    for diving it would soon cut down on the cheating.
    Todays players must think we are all stupid and dont
    notice anything but we are not all drunken idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Robbie dear dear dear .
    Spurs fans classy! Come this way you "bl@ck c*nt"......ouch!!!!
    Hope some of the spurs player get to see this .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlFEi-LquHY
    Where you been hiding Specs? On the question of Spurs fans please don't lump us all together as though we are all the same, that is bordering on racism mate.
    Every club has a share of idiot fans in their ranks, Tottenham's following is in a cross section of the population so it is certain to contain at least some aggressive d*ckheads like the bloke in the video. I pay little attention to these videos of football fans getting shirty, regardless of who it is, they prove nothing except that football still has a problem with a few Neanderthals who want to cause trouble when they go to a game. When you think about it, the number of police resources used up to prevent punch ups between idiots is a massive waste of taxpayers money, offenders should be heavily punished as far as I'm concerned.

Back to the game, and away from the hype, until Tottenham finally breached Arsenal's defence I thought they played pretty well. They were very determined to allow Spurs as little time as possible on the ball, first half they succeeded in keeping Tottenham's attack quiet. Second half, we began to get more joy going forward, and once the first goal went in I thought we were the likelier team to get the W all day long. Wenger's more defensive approach against Man City in the cup worked, but against Spurs once they were behind I thought they then really struggled to move the ball forward quickly in their usual way. Chucking on attackers after going two down effectively then only left more space for Tottenham to exploit, we could have scored another three. Smashing derby, interesting to see what happens at Arsenal if they fail to get top four. Will Ozil and Sanchez be interested anymore? Will they be poached by a team playing in the CL? How easy will it be to attract top players to strengthen the squad, and will it be Wenger in charge? He really needs that FA Cup win!

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    why not?
    If they knew that they would still be punished
    for diving it would soon cut down on the cheating.
    Todays players must think we are all stupid and dont
    notice anything but we are not all drunken idiots.
    Yeah, I wouldn't oppose retrospective punishment Hams, for the more obvious dives though it has to be said sometimes it can be very difficult to decide whether "light" contact is enough for a player to go down in the box, it isn't always straightforward. For that reason I'd rather have retrospective punishment than live video refs at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Where you been hiding Specs? On the question of Spurs fans please don't lump us all together as though we are all the same, that is bordering on racism mate.
    Every club has a share of idiot fans in their ranks, Tottenham's following is in a cross section of the population so it is certain to contain at least some aggressive d*ckheads like the bloke in the video. I pay little attention to these videos of football fans getting shirty, regardless of who it is, they prove nothing except that football still has a problem with a few Neanderthals who want to cause trouble when they go to a game. When you think about it, the number of police resources used up to prevent punch ups between idiots is a massive waste of taxpayers money, offenders should be heavily punished as far as I'm concerned.

Back to the game, and away from the hype, until Tottenham finally breached Arsenal's defence I thought they played pretty well. They were very determined to allow Spurs as little time as possible on the ball, first half they succeeded in keeping Tottenham's attack quiet. Second half, we began to get more joy going forward, and once the first goal went in I thought we were the likelier team to get the W all day long. Wenger's more defensive approach against Man City in the cup worked, but against Spurs once they were behind I thought they then really struggled to move the ball forward quickly in their usual way. Chucking on attackers after going two down effectively then only left more space for Tottenham to exploit, we could have scored another three. Smashing derby, interesting to see what happens at Arsenal if they fail to get top four. Will Ozil and Sanchez be interested anymore? Will they be poached by a team playing in the CL? How easy will it be to attract top players to strengthen the squad, and will it be Wenger in charge? He really needs that FA Cup win!
    If a teaming the CL goes for Oil they will need their head examined.
    Sanchez maybe ,but even he in my books has showed a mental deficiency that i would steer well clear of personally.
    His energy you can get from another player ,but what i think he has that will be difficult to replace is his ability to sneak up on defenders and get the ball off them. He's the best i have seen at that and its a valuable asset to have.

They won't beat Chelsea i'm quite certain about that ,but if they do 3 FA cups in 4 years is an incredible achievement .It won't numb the pain of the bayern debacle and they poor choices made by the manager ,but it may be hard to overlook by the board . As the bloke in my video said , Spurs have on 1 title (league cup) in 20 odd years ! something to think about.