Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: West Ham v Tottenham-5th May-Kick Off-7.45pm

West Ham v Tottenham-5th May-Kick Off-7.45pm

West Ham drew last PL game 0-0 away at Stoke
    and are still not safe from drop with 3 games left.

Tottenham beat Arsenal 2-0 in the NLD in their last
    game to remain 4 points behind Chelsea in the table.

This will be the first ever match between these 2 sides
    at London stadium. Can Irons end Spurs title challenge?

Another spicy London derby, couldn't get a ticket for it, shame as I'd like to see the London Stadium (I believe my taxes paid for it after all). West Ham have been poor this season, it cannot be denied, it all started with the clear unwillingness of Payet to play for the club, his subsequent departure left a creative hole that hasn't been filled as far as I'm concerned. Having said that, saw the highlights of the Stoke game, they played pretty well in a potentially sticky tie and could have won the tie with the chances they created. They are bound to be up for it against Spurs, the fans will be hoping they do what Arsenal failed to do and end the Tottenham winning run.

That game against Arsenal was f*cking brilliant, so sweet to turn the table on the Gooners after so many years of hurt, tbh unless by some minor miracle we win the league it will be the highlight of the season for me. Of course I'd like to see Spurs continue the run, but it has to be said we've played a lot of high energy pressure games lately so this wont be easy.

C'mon, what do you expect me to forecast? West Ham 1 Tottenham 3
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    only one winner here.

night game, spurs desperate for a win, home fans well up for it - this is deja vu from last season.

spurs simply will not cope with the pressure and intensity of the occasion and will, as always, buckle under the strain. Loris, in particular, last season was visibly sh*tting himself on the pitch. wayward kicks, fumbles and whiter than the goalposts throughout. I expect more of the same against the claret and blue onslaught.
    You should lump on West Ham then my friend, re-mortgage the house as they are available at 13/2 just to win at Sky Bet, not for a correct score! Got to say that sounds frigging generous for a London derby, I'm tempted to have a saver on it myself!

West Ham won and Spurs LOST!

West Ham United 1-0 Spurs
    65' Lanzini

I am so happy (for West Ham)! LOL!

forget SkyBet, BET365 are offering an even more generous 7/1, on which I have placed an undisclosed sum. rest assured that I am not at risk of losing my house, should the unthinkable happen though

the pubs are doing a roaring trade already from what I hear...
    Well in Steely! Good shout guvnor.
    Hopefully you did reportage that house ,get yourself a nice little buy to let with the winnings!
    Oh yeah Talk about "winning" Spurs yet again falling at the final hurdle.
    Finish above us ok ,no big deal we were shit this season ,but to yet again lose when you needed to win at the business end off there season?
    Let me tell you something ,that team will forever fear the end of the season for the foreseeable future.YOu just don't wipe that type of capitulation out of your psyche ,not two season's in a row .
    What did i say about that lot not complete convincing me they had rid themselves of that label last at the midway point of last season .
    Well they have made me look like a genius ever since .

What a performance for West Ham though ,right on top of spurs for whistles to whistle .
    probably the best performance i have sen for that team in recent memory and that includes game where they have beaten bigger teams than this one .
    The team effort was just of the level you couldn't ask for more , Well done Bilic . I don't know how he got them up for this game ,but he certainly said the right things.
    How that bloke West ham ha d up front missed that one on one with the goalie is beyond me ,all the movement leading up to it said it was a definite goal .But credit Loris for the incredible save . Games like this will go along way to building great memories at that stadium that's for sure .

Oh no. Title race is over then.

I f*cking love West Ham.

Someone was on the Jameson's last night.

FT
    West Ham 1-0 Tottenham
    Lanzini 65'

Is it OK for me to say that we're safe now?!

What a display from the Irons last night against the Yids.

It was the best we have played this season at London stadium.

Another bonus of course is that we have ended Tottenham's title hopes.

Manuel Lanzini was brilliant last night and whole team from start to finish.

Come on you Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Oh yeah Talk about "winning" Spurs yet again falling at the final hurdle.
    Finish above us ok ,no big deal we were shit this season ,but to yet again lose when you needed to win at the business end off there season?
    Let me tell you something ,that team will forever fear the end of the season for the foreseeable future.YOu just don't wipe that type of capitulation out of your psyche ,not two season's in a row .
    What did i say about that lot not complete convincing me they had rid themselves of that label last at the midway point of last season .
    Well they have made me look like a genius ever since .
    My arse! Tottenham have been the only team to challenge Chelsea for the title this season, while your boys with "the best manager in the world" are really struggling to make top four. Arsenal have capitulated when they've been on top of the league several times over the past 13 years, and last week they practically capitulated a top four spot, so thanks Specs but it'll be a cold day in hell when I listen to a lecture on bottle and resolve from an Arsenal fan!

Bah, bad day at the office, Tottenham never got going so whatever wafer thin chance there was of overhauling Chelsea it has gone now. Still, it occurred to me today that feeling bad about not challenging for top spot beats feeling good about getting in the top six in recent years! Tottenham have made excellent progress under Pochettino, just hope we can keep hold of him and continue to build on what he has done so far.
    West Ham played to their strengths, stout defending restricted us to a handful of chances, cant fault the effort. On another day one of them would have went in, and I'd fancy Tottenham to go on and win from there. Still, that's football! Wish I'd had a bit of that 7/1 now!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    My arse! Tottenham have been the only team to challenge Chelsea for the title this season, while your boys with "the best manager in the world" are really struggling to make top four. Arsenal have capitulated when they've been on top of the league several times over the past 13 years, and last week they practically capitulated a top four spot, so thanks Specs but it'll be a cold day in hell when I listen to a lecture on bottle and resolve from an Arsenal fan!

Bah, bad day at the office, Tottenham never got going so whatever wafer thin chance there was of overhauling Chelsea it has gone now. Still, it occurred to me today that feeling bad about not challenging for top spot beats feeling good about getting in the top six in recent years! Tottenham have made excellent progress under Pochettino, just hope we can keep hold of him and continue to build on what he has done so far.
    West Ham played to their strengths, stout defending restricted us to a handful of chances, cant fault the effort. On another day one of them would have went in, and I'd fancy Tottenham to go on and win from there. Still, that's football! Wish I'd had a bit of that 7/1 now!
    Mate we have never capitulated on top of the league that is an absolute fabrication. We have been on top of the league at times but never miles ahead on points for the next placed team and usually always with a lot of games to go. If they did i would definitely make a point of it because it would give me a chance to say i was right about how poor the players we have bought were . But we have never been in the pace Spurs have been late in a season and just plain folded like a stack of cardboard boxes in deluge.
    You get to a position to win a title and you habitually fold ,there is no other ay around it .Challenging only should be looked upon if it is indeed challenge ,but buy now most teams know ,and especially Chelsea , that Spurs will fold come the business end of the season with something to play for.
    I would hate to be a follower of that team going down like that ,because it is a character flaw that cannot be directed at any other team in the league .
    Maybe that;s why the fans are so obnoxious ,because they are trying to compensate for the lack of intestinal fortitude on the pitch.
    I am not saying that as a flower of Wenger's arsenal ,but as a complete neutral . I like Spurs , I like they way they play and they have my favourite player in the league in Dembele .BUt you have to look at the consistency of the type of failure they have become known for.