Thread: Arsenal v Sunderland-16th May-Kick Off-7.45pm

Arsenal v Sunderland-16th May-Kick Off-7.45pm

Arsenal won their last game 4-1 away at Stoke
    but still find themselves 3 points behind Man City with 2 games left.

Relegated Sunderland lost their last match 2-0 at home to Swansea.

The Gunners really need West Brom to help them out at the Etihad.

i don't think there is a commentator that annoys me more than Andy Townsend. I wasn't going to say anything about Xhaka because it seems redundant at tis point, but the bloke Townsend just went on about how great his passing was only for the player to send the ball directly into touch after a throw in to him and then moments later put a shocking pass back putting his team in dire straights. Forget Xhaka here but just lets ficus on this bloke as the quintessential sensationalist ,who routinely bigs up average players for decent performances against lower tier opposition . This was a fine example of the that which has become rife in British society throughout i have grown to notice since coming back here more often. Completely plastic and superficial if not cheap assessment of football. Completely spoils the match and totally puts out a false sense of quality to those who trust his judgement for being placed in position of influence. TWAT!
    Last edited by specnur; 16-05-2017 at 08:38 PM.

So another win that just does nothing to remove the horrible taste out of my mouth left by that champions league debacle.
    The one thing will say about this game is that it just gives even more indication that Wenger has lost a lot of his ability to assess the effectiveness of player.
    The last Game Coq played Xhaka off the pitch not only defensively but offensively as well and i know the frenchman (coq) was proving point to Wenger howling he is in his decision of playing Xhaka as a more attacking option. Well the amount of time Xhaka was caught on the ball in the opening 20 minutes i lost count of which must have had Coq fuming on that sidelines if he was even there .
    To his credit Xhaka made some wonderful passes in tis game ,but lets not ignore the FACT that this was against lesser opposition that is already relegated making it even more outrageous how this player was caught in possession in the first place! Against a beer team we could have been two down just down to his ineptitude and i really doubt if Wenger has learnt this moving forward from now. The only reason i started watching football again was because of Wenger ,now he could be the reason why i stop watching again because he has lost me with his decision making. Because if he continues this form next season we will miss out on Europe altogether next season.
    Impressive performance by Pickford today ,top job by the young man.And if the 33+ to 3 shots on target wasn't;t enough to tell the true story of the game to that pillock Townsend then the 11 +saves from Pickford should have the man holding his head in shame as he leaves the booth tonight ,but i doubt that.

FT

Arsenal 2-0 Sunderland
    1-0 Sanchez 72'
    2-0 Sanchez 81'

The Gunners will now need Boro to
    do them a favour away at Liverpool on final day on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    i don't think there is a commentator that annoys me more than Andy Townsend. I wasn't going to say anything about Xhaka because it seems redundant at tis point, but the bloke Townsend just went on about how great his passing was only for the player to send the ball directly into touch after a throw in to him and then moments later put a shocking pass back putting his team in dire straights. Forget Xhaka here but just lets ficus on this bloke as the quintessential sensationalist ,who routinely bigs up average players for decent performances against lower tier opposition . This was a fine example of the that which has become rife in British society throughout i have grown to notice since coming back here more often. Completely plastic and superficial if not cheap assessment of football. Completely spoils the match and totally puts out a false sense of quality to those who trust his judgement for being placed in position of influence. TWAT!
    Yeah!!

Just like Spec's assessments of Kante and Matic as "poor midfielders."

2 time Champion winners now.

Another nightmare season for old Speccy Boy.

For a brief moment at the start of the second half it looked like Sunderland might make a game of it, then they tamely dropped their shorts and bent over. Out of that team only Pickford the keeper could leave the pitch with his head held high, he would be the only one I'd consider worth poaching. I'll always have warm memories of Defoe, but the fella is well past his best now, but I'm sure one of the newly promoted teams (or the likes of Burnley) will be interested in signing him.
    Still, a much needed win for Arsenal, it may be too little too late but it puts maximum pressure on Liverpool to win the final game. I have to say they have done well to stay in the frame, the Stoke away demolition showed some character given the recent history of that fixture (I think Sparky has made that team too open in his attempt to make them more attack minded tbh). Whatever happens, the cup final is now a very big game for Wenger!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!