Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: West Ham v Tottenham-5th May-Kick Off-7.45pm

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Mate we have never capitulated on top of the league that is an absolute fabrication. We have been on top of the league at times but never miles ahead on points for the next placed team and usually always with a lot of games to go. If they did i would definitely make a point of it because it would give me a chance to say i was right about how poor the players we have bought were . But we have never been in the pace Spurs have been late in a season and just plain folded like a stack of cardboard boxes in deluge.
    You get to a position to win a title and you habitually fold ,there is no other ay around it .Challenging only should be looked upon if it is indeed challenge ,but buy now most teams know ,and especially Chelsea , that Spurs will fold come the business end of the season with something to play for.
    I would hate to be a follower of that team going down like that ,because it is a character flaw that cannot be directed at any other team in the league .
    Maybe that;s why the fans are so obnoxious ,because they are trying to compensate for the lack of intestinal fortitude on the pitch.
    I am not saying that as a flower of Wenger's arsenal ,but as a complete neutral . I like Spurs , I like they way they play and they have my favourite player in the league in Dembele .BUt you have to look at the consistency of the type of failure they have become known for.
    No it's not a fabrication mate, Arsenal were top of the league Christmas 2007/8 and finished 3rd, and they've lead the league at various other times only to give it up to settle for Wenger's top four "trophy". You say we've been "in a position to win the league" ignoring the fact we've never actually been ahead once this or last season, so that doesn't scan chap.
    Tottenham have progressed from a team that struggled to make top four, to being the only one managing anything like a title challenge for the past two seasons, that's progress fella. Only one team can win the league, Tottenham have threatened without clearing the final hurdle for the past two seasons, as long as we can keep the manager and acquire one or two more astute signings our time will come. Enjoy the Europa League next season!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    well, well, well.

    the inevitable has happened. Spurs come to West Ham United and get taught a lesson yet again. how many seasons in recent years have Spurs had derailed by West Ham (A) on the fixture list? I can think of at least three.

    their inability to match our intensity, desire and effort speaks volumes for their soft centre and lack of mental toughness. let us not forget that this was a West Ham team with Jonathan Calleri up front. a striker with ONE goal to his name. we were without our main two strikers, as well as our top scorer so lets be under no illusions, this was an under strength West Ham against a full strength Spurs team.

    yet spurs were out run, out-thought and out-fought. it was a performance befitting the occasion and one that has been sorely missing through many games this season. it was typical West Ham to pull this out of the bag and I was in no doubt it would happen. I've been watching west ham long enough to know when they're going to let me down and when they're going to spring a surprise. my bank balance enjoyed the victory just as much as I did.
    Yeah right West Ham are now suddenly a force to be reckoned with! What about Spam's "soft centre" when they came to the Lane this season and blew the win in the dying seconds? At least you now have your cup final to put on the season highlights DVD.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  3. #13
    We have still really struggled at the London stadium this season
    Steely and apart from the win against Chelsea in the League Cup
    and this well deserved victory over the Spurs our home form has
    been abysmal and Slaven Bilic has to take some of the blame for
    that for putting square pegs in round holes and not knowing what
    his tactics are against our opponents would be or even the formation
    and we had until last Friday not put in a single decent performance
    in our own ground where we have dominated from start to finish and
    given the other side a good old fashioned thrashing which isnt good enough.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    No it's not a fabrication mate, Arsenal were top of the league Christmas 2007/8 and finished 3rd, and they've lead the league at various other times only to give it up to settle for Wenger's top four "trophy". You say we've been "in a position to win the league" ignoring the fact we've never actually been ahead once this or last season, so that doesn't scan chap.
    Tottenham have progressed from a team that struggled to make top four, to being the only one managing anything like a title challenge for the past two seasons, that's progress fella. Only one team can win the league, Tottenham have threatened without clearing the final hurdle for the past two seasons, as long as we can keep the manager and acquire one or two more astute signings our time will come. Enjoy the Europa League next season!
    LOL! Your team Spurs did enjoy the Europa League didnt they? Spurs are 'just' a threat, they were for other teams when they were struggling to get into Champions League and they are again 'just' a threat, did you guys win anything? I mean anything in last 2 years? Let me guess - NONE. LOL! You guys should make Liverpool's 'Next year is ours' slogan yours. Now it suits you guys better.

    Spurs are like -
    1st year: 'Try to finish 2nd last year, finished 3rd at the end of season'.
    This season 2nd year - 'Try to finish first, finished second',
    next year 3rd year - Sell all the important players and repeat the performance of 1st year

    Come and boast about team when they actually win something! No one remembers runner ups, history book notes only winners and which Spurs are NOT!

    Please BE respectful to rival teams if you can.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by roonster123 View Post
    LOL! Your team Spurs did enjoy the Europa League didnt they? Spurs are 'just' a threat, they were for other teams when they were struggling to get into Champions League and they are again 'just' a threat, did you guys win anything? I mean anything in last 2 years? Let me guess - NONE. LOL! You guys should make Liverpool's 'Next year is ours' slogan yours. Now it suits you guys better.

    Spurs are like -
    1st year: 'Try to finish 2nd last year, finished 3rd at the end of season'.
    This season 2nd year - 'Try to finish first, finished second',
    next year 3rd year - Sell all the important players and repeat the performance of 1st year

    Come and boast about team when they actually win something! No one remembers runner ups, history book notes only winners and which Spurs are NOT!

    Please BE respectful to rival teams if you can.


    Untwist your knickers Roonster, this is a football forum mate, we laugh at our rivals when they fail, we gloat when our own team wins. I take it you don't go to football matches? It is a long tradition in the English game, we call it banter. Take a chill pill chappie.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post


    Great post Roonster!

    all this talk about 'most consistent over the past two seasons' is laughable. they've won nothing. again. history will not remember this Spurs team.
    Need I really reply? Pot, kettle, black etc.?
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post


    Untwist your knickers Roonster, this is a football forum mate, we laugh at our rivals when they fail, we gloat when our own team wins. I take it you don't go to football matches? It is a long tradition in the English game, we call it banter. Take a chill pill chappie.
    I know the difference between banter and insult mate. What you do is because of your hatred and jeolousy towards the other teams. Banter I would take it all day long, but consistent low level banter is an insult. You can conclude whatever you want to about me mate, I cant control it. You need to take a chill pill and watch Spurs losing title tonight. Your post is clearly a post of a fan who is scared and nervous to see their team not winning anything; even after having such a strong team. Enjoy the unsuccessful season mate.

    Peace out.

  8. #18

    Are people actually saying Tottenham bottled their title chances? They never were the favouite to win it at any point. It's Tottenham!!! They are just a bit better and more presentable version of West Ham. Some could say that the woes of big clubs during las years have allowed them to challenge for the top positions.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by roonster123 View Post
    I know the difference between banter and insult mate. What you do is because of your hatred and jeolousy towards the other teams. Banter I would take it all day long, but consistent low level banter is an insult. You can conclude whatever you want to about me mate, I cant control it. You need to take a chill pill and watch Spurs losing title tonight. Your post is clearly a post of a fan who is scared and nervous to see their team not winning anything; even after having such a strong team. Enjoy the unsuccessful season mate.

    Peace out.
    OK, thanks for the lecture sunshine, I take it English is not your first language and you're about 14? I don't let little boys bother me!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    OK, thanks for the lecture sunshine, I take it English is not your first language and you're about 14? I don't let little boys bother me!
    Is that what you do when you cant win an argument? I am not lectuting you. It was not a lecture you 'sunshine' it was just post justifying my thoughts. I take it that you are too young and immature to understand it. And your post clearly states how you treat non-English people around you mate, I am not surprised to see young generation like you have such a hatred towards non-English people. You are clearly a racist mate. Secondly I am Englishman and your horizons are too little to understand it.

    I am surprised that owner of this website made a racist person like you a moderator.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •