Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: West Ham v Tottenham-5th May-Kick Off-7.45pm

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post

Are people actually saying Tottenham bottled their title chances? They never were the favouite to win it at any point. It's Tottenham!!! They are just a bit better and more presentable version of West Ham. Some could say that the woes of big clubs during las years have allowed them to challenge for the top positions.
    Despite the very backhanded compliment you actually make a decent point there Mel, we were never ahead at any point but we reeled in a 13 point gap to a 4 point gap, despite that I never thought we were "favourites" to win the league, for that you need to be in front at some point! Sober Tottenham fans see the progress though, and wish it to continue. COYS.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by roonster123 View Post
    Is that what you do when you cant win an argument? I am not lectuting you. It was not a lecture you 'sunshine' it was just post justifying my thoughts. I take it that you are too young and immature to understand it. And your post clearly states how you treat non-English people around you mate, I am not surprised to see young generation like you have such a hatred towards non-English people. You are clearly a racist mate. Secondly I am Englishman and your horizons are too little to understand it.

I am surprised that owner of this website made a racist person like you a moderator.
    No, I just assumed you didn't have English as a first language due to the poor grammar my little trolling friend, so stop jumping to conclusions! Roonster, you don't seem to understand how this thing works - I have mates who are Arsenal fans, Man Utd. fans, Liverpool fans etc. Just because I laugh at their misfortune doesn't mean I'm delivering a personal insult, it is the knockabout nature of football fans. As a Spurs fan I've developed a very thick skin to p*ss taking comments, I don't take it personally chap, and nor should you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    No, I just assumed you didn't have English as a first language due to the poor grammar my little trolling friend, so stop jumping to conclusions! Roonster, you don't seem to understand how this thing works - I have mates who are Arsenal fans, Man Utd. fans, Liverpool fans etc. Just because I laugh at their misfortune doesn't mean I'm delivering a personal insult, it is the knockabout nature of football fans. As a Spurs fan I've developed a very thick skin to p*ss taking comments, I don't take it personally chap, and nor should you.
    I took offence when you said that I am a foreigner, well even if anyone is not from UK does it mean to taunt him / her on the English language which may not be their first language. Is this how you treat people who donet have English as first language mate? You should not do that. Your comment would refrain a lot of people posting it here on this forum. Also you hold a respectable position here so you should not comment or in fact should I say that; you are not expected to comment in such manner. The only reason you attacked my English Grammar is that you couldnt win an argument with me.

Banter is fine with it, but please do not jump to conclusions in such a short time - its a humble request my friend. Lets keep this thread to what it is meant for.

I am sorry everyone for off topic posts.

Quote Originally Posted by roonster123 View Post

Banter is fine with it, but please do not jump to conclusions in such a short time - its a humble request my friend. Lets keep this thread to what it is meant for.
    I don't agree with anything else you said there Roonster, but I agree with that much, lets just keep it about the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    They bottled the entirety of the occasion.

once again a game against West Ham United in which they need a win and, once again, they come up short.

whenever there is an air of intimidation on the terraces or a team unwilling to be bullied by their foul merchants in the middle, they are like rabbits in the headlights.
    Ah well I don't know about the derby history but I thought people were saying Tottenham generally bottled their chances for trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post

Are people actually saying Tottenham bottled their title chances? They never were the favouite to win it at any point. It's Tottenham!!! They are just a bit better and more presentable version of West Ham. Some could say that the woes of big clubs during las years have allowed them to challenge for the top positions.
    It's not about being favourite mate .it's about your position in the league at a specific time and your chances of succeeding or at least giving it a proper challenge with the games left . When you look at the capitulation of last season you would think Spurs were even more determined to rid themselves of the cloud of doubt that hovers above them ,but no. They were in a position yet again to achieve sometingg they haven't done before and left their guts in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    It's not about being favourite mate .it's about your position in the league at a specific time and your chances of succeeding or at least giving it a proper challenge with the games left . When you look at the capitulation of last season you would think Spurs were even more determined to rid themselves of the cloud of doubt that hovers above them ,but no. They were in a position yet again to achieve sometingg they haven't done before and left their guts in the dressing room.
    A bit like when Arsenal were second four points behind Leicester last season before Christmas? BS my friend!