Thread: Arsenal v Man Utd-7th May-Kick Off-4pm

Arsenal v Man Utd-7th May-Kick Off-4pm

Arsenal lost their last game 2-0 away at Tottenham in
    NLD and its very unlikely they will now finish in the top 4.

Man Utd drew their last PL game 1-1 at home with Swansea
    and have now been unbeaten in the league in well over 20 matches
    however too many draws have cost them dearly in dropped points.

Very interesting to see how Arsenal bounce back from defeat against the mighty Spurs, their bottle has been called into question several times this season and with the exception of the cup win against Man City they have failed to answer the critics. Add the man with the Indian sign over Wenger, the not so special one, and it is hard to see Arsenal winning this game. Their record against Man United has not been good over the past decade or so.

A trophy in the cabinet, top four still a possibility, and an EL Cup win more than a remote possibility, as much as it pains me to say it Mourinho has done well in his first season at Man United. There is an obvious dilemma for him now, play for top four or rest some of his key players for the EL in games like this? I suspect he is already thinking EL takes priority, though I think he'll put out a strong team here. A little smile on his lips as he comes up against the old inferior enemy? I think so, I think he likes to rub salt in Wenger's wounds.

Arsenal gave Spurs a game first half last week, but faded away when we went ahead. However, Man Utd have also shown an inability to put teams away this season. A draw seems inevitable. Arsenal 1 Man Utd 1
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Jose Mourinho has been moaning about the fixtures again
    and has threatened to send out the under 18's at the Emirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Very interesting to see how Arsenal bounce back from defeat against the mighty Spurs, their bottle has been called into question several times this season and with the exception of the cup win against Man City they have failed to answer the critics. Add the man with the Indian sign over Wenger, the not so special one, and it is hard to see Arsenal winning this game. Their record against Man United has not been good over the past decade or so.

A trophy in the cabinet, top four still a possibility, and an EL Cup win more than a remote possibility, as much as it pains me to say it Mourinho has done well in his first season at Man United. There is an obvious dilemma for him now, play for top four or rest some of his key players for the EL in games like this? I suspect he is already thinking EL takes priority, though I think he'll put out a strong team here. A little smile on his lips as he comes up against the old inferior enemy? I think so, I think he likes to rub salt in Wenger's wounds.

Arsenal gave Spurs a game first half last week, but faded away when we went ahead. However, Man Utd have also shown an inability to put teams away this season. A draw seems inevitable. Arsenal 1 Man Utd 1
    Yep, this is the only season i have had questions about their actual bottle and this Arsenal team ever in my life.Even when everyone else unjustifiably questions their bottle over the last 10 years or so. I looked at the line ups and of course i really don't like the fact Xhaka is starting this game with Ramsey .For some reason Wenger thinks this is the most attacking line up he has with a back three . But in my eyes Coq instead of Xhaka and Walcott instead of Ramsey makes much more sense ,because Coq has quicker reactions ,get back quicker and plus a better tackler. We would run that back line ragged and its because of this line up today that i feel some of the other players have lost hope in the team selection over the last 3 months. Looks like a draw to me ,but could be a narrow win for us.
    Last edited by specnur; 07-05-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Well there it is , a decent win against an old foe!
    Ramsey finally stepped up and was on good form throughout this game . Ox was very good also and the Young kid Holding made a couple mistakes but overall was really good. Everyone else put in an effort that was above average an overall performance that has been very rare this season.
    If we had had 50% of our games of this of performance we would easily be in the top four right now and Spurs yet again would be looking up at us.
    Not sure if it will mean anything at the end of the season ,but Arsenal could feel they are figuring out as system that will do them well next season.
    The superior conditioning of the players allows them to perform at a higher level for longer, which is why Ox can track back and still attack at a decent rate of effectiveness. I would also like to see Walcott on the pitch though as well ,because his defensive play this seasons has been really quite surprising even though less effective going forward.

FT
    Arsenal 2-0 Man Utd
    1-0 Xhaka 54'
    2-0 Welbeck 57'

Arsenal end Man Utd's long unbeaten PL run.
    This was also only Wenger's first ever league win
    against Mourinho as a manger. Ramsey had a decent game.
    Gunners could still creep into top 4 if they win last 4 matches.
    Utd's only hope of CL now is by winning the Europa League.

I remember the old days when these 2 fallen giants used
    to battle it out with each other on and off the pitch to see who
    would win the PL title not to find out who is going to finish in 5th.

Will we ever see the likes of Keane and Viera having to be
    separated in the tunnel again or food fights at the Buffet after the match?

This fixture is just not the same anymore and has lost its excitement.

Yeah, it wasn't a classic, Mourinho clearly is prioritising the EL and why not? They are pretty much nailed on to get to the final now, two games away from CL qualification which will pull a decent season out from what was looking a mediocre one.
    Arsenal's chance of top four is probably going to be decided in the next two games against Southampton away and Stoke away, tricky fixtures where a win is the only result that will help them. If Man United win the EL of course 4th spot will mean nothing anyway, so they probably need the teams above them to do them a favour or two.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

This is just unacceptable, not the defeat but the manner we played game at the Emirates! Such disgraceful performance! What message Jose was trying to give? Give me any team and I can play the most defensive of the game even after having most attacking players. Playing Mata and Mkhi as full back with 6 at back! Are you f*king kidding me!! He will not learn at all! We havent scored any of the top 6 opponent away from home, we still Spurs to play away from home. Martial looked lost, what he does on the pitch is no way near football he played last season; that lad is under tremendous pressure from manager and I can see that.

I was so disappointed to see such an abysmal performance. Also nothing to take away from Arsenal. They played good game. When they realized that United are gonna sit ducks which game them freedom. Mkhi is not good signing, I had been thinking this since he came to United. Kagawa was much better than him. I know Jose wants the Europa League and even in that compitition he is playing as if we could lose at point of time in match. Money well wasted than spent on Mkhi.