Thread: 2016/17-Europa League Final-Ajax v Man Utd-24th May

2016/17-Europa League Final-Ajax v Man Utd-24th May

Ajax take on Man Utd in Stockholm,Sweden.
    The winners of the final will earn a CL place next season.
    The Dutch side just missed out on the Eredivisie to Feyenoord
    while Utd have been disappointing in PL only finishing in 6th.

Man United odds on to win, you have to fancy them just on the fact that they are extremely hard to beat. I'd like to see them get beat, I love to see Mourinho fail, just lately he has had the same slapped arse face he had in his last season with Chelsea. He doesn't appear to be enjoying football, he doesn't appear to be enjoying life. Has he got it in him to inspire the team if they go a goal down? Guess we'll find out tonight! Come on Ajax!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I expect and hope a Manchester United victory. Won't be an easy final for them but 2-1 or 3-1 will do. I think the most important United has to focus on is that they won't be behind during the match.

Congratulations Manchester United for bringing home their Europa League title, I'm glad that Pogba were able to secure a goal. 0-2

FT
    Ajax 0-2 Man Utd
    0-1 Pogba 18'
    0-2 Mkhitaryan 48'

It really was men against boys out there in the final in Stockholm last night
    however it was a deserved win for Man Utd who dominated from start to finish.

Utd have now won more trophies than any other English club taking total up to 42.
    They also qualify for next seasons CL and will be able to attract some big name players.

Congrats, United!!
    Will Ibra stay next season and f*ck that fan's wife?
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

Yeah, cant fault the ease with which Man United won that final, but it was disappointing as a spectacle. A defensive approach by the Manchester club, and Ajax were unable to seriously threaten their goal the entire game. Still, they were assembled for a fraction of the cost of Man United, £40M was mentioned in the commentary which is laughably small in this day and age.
    A season saver for Mourinho and Man United, without this you could hardly call it a successful season, but with it suddenly they are potentially back in the big time.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Getting through to the CL is more of a trophy in itself than winning the Europa League trophy. Delighted with this one, any European trophy is something to be proud of. Controlled the game throughout and never gave the Ajax kids a chance. There was a slice of good fortune about Pogbas goal but I did like Mkhitaryans goal. knocking it above the defender and Goalie, he has the goalscoring instinct. Some United fans are now saying we have won the treble!, it is not even a treble (the community shield doesnt count!). Weve won a League Cup and Europa League double - thats something to cheer about!.