Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arsene Wenger right to rant at clubs safe on 40 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    perhaps but the obvious point is that if he is reliant on Middlesbrough to get some points at Anfield in order for him to secure CL football then he has failed this season.

I think a cup win would sugar the pill and be the ideal time to bow out with some relative grace but failure in the league and cup would be a dreadful way to end his time at Arsenal and so probably ensure he has another crack next season - something that would bring me immense enjoyment.
    I don't think there is any question he has failed this season. He bought trash and got trash results.
    He won't bow out because of winning the FA cup or else he would have done so after winning back to back. leaving because he wins the FA cup but fails to qualify for Europe goes against what i feel is his moral code. I think he would leave the club in the champions league as a foundation for the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    I don't think there is any question he has failed this season. He bought trash and got trash results.
    He won't bow out because of winning the FA cup or else he would have done so after winning back to back. leaving because he wins the FA cup but fails to qualify for Europe goes against what i feel is his moral code. I think he would leave the club in the champions league as a foundation for the following season.
    looking at Arsenal's run in, their last FIVE games were all against teams with nothing to play for. so for wenger to refer to cubs being on the beach is even more laughable given this fact and the additional fact that all these games turned out to be gimmes with a full 5 out of 5 for Arsene which was in stark contrast to his form when playing against teams with something to play for.

in terms of where he leaves Arsenal, he'll have a job on his hands clawing back his coveted CL place. everything hinges on convincing Sanchez that he should stick around for a Europa League campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    looking at Arsenal's run in, their last FIVE games were all against teams with nothing to play for. so for wenger to refer to cubs being on the beach is even more laughable given this fact and the additional fact that all these games turned out to be gimmes with a full 5 out of 5 for Arsene which was in stark contrast to his form when playing against teams with something to play for.

in terms of where he leaves Arsenal, he'll have a job on his hands clawing back his coveted CL place. everything hinges on convincing Sanchez that he should stick around for a Europa League campaign.
    I said it today to my son that The Europa league will be the only way Arsenal get into the champions league with the current squad!
    They are just not good or deep enough to withstand a season without major injury and/or fatigue.
    He will need to clean out players that he recently bought that are not top material, which he won't do ,and bring in about 4 players of the caliber of a Jesus any man city for front to back. #1 is a sturdy defender to partner Koscielny.

I said it today to my son that The Europa league will be the only way Arsenal get into the champions league with the current squad!
    They are just not good or deep enough to withstand a season without major injury and/or fatigue.
    He will need to clean out players that he recently bought that are not top material, which he won't do ,and bring in about 4 players of the caliber of a Jesus any man city for front to back. #1 is a sturdy defender to partner Koscielny.
    Definitely not players like those useless two time Championship winners Matic and Kante then? Maybe players like Coquelin? who's still waiting for a single international cap.

I'm always in favour of clubs going out to win every competition they enter so Arsenal definitely should look at this as an opportunity to win some more silverware.

if they managed to win that next year they'd finally draw level with West Ham United in the number of UEFA competitions they have won so the motivation is there.