Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the new Dr Who be a woman?

Should the new Dr Who be a woman?

The BBC has revealed that Jodie Whittaker the star
    of the recent Broadchurch series on ITV is to be the 13th Doctor Who.

Should a woman have been announced as the new Dr as
    the character has always been a man although its believed to be an alien not human?

Aye, not a fan of the show but it is great to see them cast a woman if only to see the rage that the news is greeted with by the Daily Mail readership. 'Time travel is for men and men only' is my favourite so far, hope it was meant as a joke!.

I remember when Star Trek had to change the words at
    the end of each episode when Captain Kirk said where no man
    has gone before to where no one has gone before which caused
    a massive outcry at the time among fans of the Sci Fi series.

I wouldn't have a problem if the next James Bond was Black actor Idris Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    lets face it though, they've made the appointment specifically for the reaction. I don't know whether the Doc has an actual name that might identify a gender but if not the character is fair game to be whatever they want. similarly the skin colour of James Bond isn't, to my knowledge, ever referenced in the books and so he can be whatever ethnicity the makers want.
    Dr Who is apparently a shape shifting alien with 2 hearts that regenerates every now and then so for the new Doctor to be a women shouldn't really be any surpirse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    it would obviously be different if King Henry VIII was suddenly cast as a lesbian tribeswoman from Papua New Guinea but these are fictional characters ffs.
    Not as different as you probably think.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_histo...s/Crests_3.htm

You don't open specnur's links it seems?

I stopped watching Doctor Who around the time Peter Davison got the job. I haven't been to get into it again since the show was re-launched with much better special effects, I guess I've outgrown it at last!
    The Doctor's assistant was invariably eye candy totty in the days when I watched it, probably the only reason dads allowed it on the TV screens in the evening. As Jodie Whittaker scores at least a 7/10 on the eye candy totty front, I guess she'll be an acceptable Doctor. Give her a cat suit or some short skirts to wear and I'm sure the ratings will be good. David Tennant was eye candy totty for the mums, I think he helped to bring the show back to life on the ratings front. Sex sells!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Another reason to flick straight pass this load of boll*cks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    Another reason to flick straight pass this load of boll*cks.
    what are you watching on TV at the moment Pokers? Are you a fan of Game of Thrones?

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    what are you watching on TV at the moment Pokers? Are you a fan of Game of Thrones?
    Yeah, big fan fella. About to watch the first Episode of season 7 today.

The last season of the Walking Dead was good I thought, and season 8 looks pretty decent too.

Other than those I'm up for some recommendations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    Yeah, big fan fella. About to watch the first Episode of season 7 today.

The last season of the Walking Dead was good I thought, and season 8 looks pretty decent too.

Other than those I'm up for some recommendations!!
    Fear of the Walking Dead which is a prequel to the main series has been pretty good.

Vikings,Into the badlands,Colony,Zoo and Outlander are all series I'm watching at moment.

I heard that Steely is into Love Island.