Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Is Crime in UK getting out of control?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    Indeed, who can forget those brave freedom fighters planting bombs in McDonalds restaurants and pubs?

    rolling news makes crime more accessible and gives the perception of things being less safe. There is of course this disgusting acid epidemic sweeping the capital city but there has always been crime in London of various sorts.

    I don't feel any more or less safe but am always on alert as there are a multitude of potential threats that could rear their heads at any given moment.

    The police are generally not being used sensibly anyway. how many man hours are wasted by domestic trivialities, or dealing with the mentally unstable? perhaps more focus needs to be put on what they're actually tasked with and you might find a more efficient and cost effective service.
    I was speaking with a copper the other day and he said one the major problems the Police face is the unreliable, cheap systems they have to use but they're simply not given the budget to upgrade them.

    I don't think there are enough Police in general and clearly not enough modern technology to perform their job.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    I was speaking with a copper the other day and he said one the major problems the Police face is the unreliable, cheap systems they have to use but they're simply not given the budget to upgrade them.

    I don't think there are enough Police in general and clearly not enough modern technology to perform their job.
    what sort of systems was he on about?

    their time is wasted on so much triviality it is unreal. take this as an example: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3593161.html

    a company dumps a load of bikes on our streets and the old bill will be bothered with complaints about vandalism, theft and all that sort of thing.

    take the internet. the police receive numerous complaints from people offended by tweets and are obliged to investigate.

    take a company mentioned in that article - Uber - this firm pay next to no tax but cause a monstrous burden on the police (and other emergency services for that matter) in the number of unskilled, ill-equipped and downright dangerous people they have driving for them.

    the list goes on and on.

  3. #13
    we had another acid attack in Bethnal Green,E.London yesterday.

    I wonder why East London seems to be the main area where this is happening?

    All police officers in the main 3 forces in Spain carry guns so why not over here?

    Its not like there is going to be any daily major shoot outs as the cops are all trained.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    I wonder why East London seems to be the main area where this is happening?.
    it's the weapon of choice in developing nations and very prevalent in South Asia. one look around East London will give you the necessary link.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    All police officers in the main 3 forces in Spain carry guns so why not over here?

    Its not like there is going to be any daily major shoot outs as the cops are all trained.
    it's not a shoot out that would concern me. it would be some jumped up, power crazed mug in uniform waving it about that concerns me. it would inevitably lead to more deaths, not less.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post




    it's not a shoot out that would concern me. it would be some jumped up, power crazed mug in uniform waving it about that concerns me. it would inevitably lead to more deaths, not less.
    Dunno that it would bother me these days, though I'd have certainly agreed with you in past about coppers carrying guns in the UK. The Garda have been armed for many a year but the Republic is not like down town New York with trigger happy cops. As long as the selection process is stringent to vet each officer on a continuous basis, as long as the training is of the requisite quality so we don't give guns to glorified security guards then fine I say.
    It would need forethought and investment, not a crappy two day course for PC Plod, probably the ROI model is the one we would have to follow if we ever went down that path. If it means an officer can assert himself/herself when faced with overwhelming numbers then fine, if it means an officer can drop a terrorist on sight ditto. I've not gone all Daily Mail on you, it is just a recognition of changing times. I wouldn't feel my rights were being infringed by such a move.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  6. #16
    15 year old white girl has been raped twice in one night in different
    attacks by Asian men in Birmingham during a horrifying ordeal last Tuesday.

    One of the Asians in a passing car had been asked for help by the victim.

    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3597966.html

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    15 year old white girl has been raped twice in one night in different
    attacks by Asian men in Birmingham during a horrifying ordeal last Tuesday.

    One of the Asians in a passing car had been asked for help by the victim.

    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3597966.html
    'Religion of Peace'

  8. #18
    The main issue i can see with arming all police is what the response would be in neighbourhoods where people are suspicious of police and still see them as racist. They may arm themselves for 'protection' and then we could be facing a surge in gun crime.

  9. #19
    Lot of trouble in East London in last few days.
    A riot broke out in Leyton after youths were denied entry into
    an end of term disco at a school and then there was a riot in Hackney
    last night after a protest about a young Black man who died during a recent police arrest.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Lot of trouble in East London in last few days.
    A riot broke out in Leyton after youths were denied entry into
    an end of term disco at a school and then there was a riot in Hackney
    last night after a protest about a young Black man who died during a recent police arrest.
    Support the BLUE!!!!

    af06db90b3619dc2ec2d01a18843771f.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •