Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Women! Eh!?

Women! Eh!?

This is absolutely nothing new, but these latest set of events have all come about recently and I'm finding it really really difficult to understand and, more importantly, keep my gob shut.

My father and mother in law pays us a visit and while we're catching up and the girls are talking, he asks me to show him my vinyl record player that my wife bought me for Christmas. While we're the next room he leans over to me and whispers..." could I have one of your homebrew beers" (I make my own ales). So I look around and say "Of course, but why are we whispering?"

"I don't want Anne to know, she'll go mad!" So l laugh, but then can see how serious he is.

I grab him one of the finest home brews in all of Surrey which we drink in the other room. I couldn't help myself. "What's the problem then?" I ask him..

"She won't be happy, she told me I couldn't have a beer when I come over tonight"

Me, laughing... "Why not?"

Father in law: "Sometimes she just tells me I can't, so I keep an easy life mate."

Now with this being my in laws I decided against giving him my opinion on that and forget about it.

Weeks later...
    I'm round a customers house for work and together with her husband discussing the work that needs to be carried out.

It starts of with her disagreeing on every single thing her husband suggests. Then, it turns into her shouting at him.

When, we eventually get everything agreed, the husband and wife are in the kitchen in front of a laptop booking a family holiday with their kids. I can hear how she's speaking to him and I have to say, I'm really biting my lip. I just feel so sorry for this gezzer but at the same time just wish he'd stick up for himself. Regardless, she doesn't care I can hear it all and I just feel so embarrassed and awkward.

Then, the doorbell goes.... thank God, I think to myself.

The wife answers the door and all of a sudden goes from being Sharon Osborne on 6 cans of Special Brew to Mary Bleeding Popping. It's these two young regular window cleaners. She's as nice as anything to them. As she talks to then in this calm and happy voice she's curling her hair with her finger. Her husband can hear all this by the way...

She returns back to the kitchen and back to moaning and nagging at her husband.

I couldn't wait to get out of there...

A mate of mine met a girl on a holiday a fews years back. They hit it off and even ended up getting a place together.
    Now this girl is forever in Facebook apparently telling the planet how in love she is with my mate and how he's her World with pictures of them both together all the time. I'm not on Facebook but my other mates WhatsApp me and we basically take the Pi*s out of him.

Things got even more serious when she bought him (I kid you not) a massive Millies Cookie whit "WILL YOU MARRY ME" written on it. Needless to say, we ripped him to high heavens for that.

So, with him being her World, a property, engaged and a Millie Cookie things we pretty full on.

Then, out of the blue my mate calls me to meet up with him. I could tell he was down. He tells me this girl decides with three of her friends that they all want to go to Australia for 3 months to travel and she wants to be free and single while she does it.

Well, my advice was pretty Frank to him. Get out and put it down to a bad experience.

She sees it out, they sell up. He moves into his own flat, she takes the money, travels Australia and that, I thought was that. But no, she returned, back to living with her Mum and Dad, most probably eating alphabety spaghetti I suspect, skint and decides she wants to get back together with my mate. What's worse, my mate takes her back.

Told him what I thought and now I hardly hear from him.

This year I've really noticed an overwhelming amount of women power that I haven't noticed as much before.

Does anyone else witness such pathetic behaviour? How do you and your mates/family deal with women who act up like this.

There's a few more examples this year of how blokes are just slaves to their partners. I don't quite get it myself. There's having an easy life, then there's being shat on from a great height.

Unbelievable.

There are countless examples of this the world over and, like you, I just don't get it.

I've always assumed this to be the woman, desperately unhappy, projecting her frustrations on the bloke and using that control as some minor form of purpose to her otherwise meaningless existence.

I know of plenty of people who would easily fit into your descriptions. lets face it though, it isn't just a woman thing. more than enough men are controlling, bullying and just outright unreasonable. however women are seemingly able to get away with it without the stigma of general spousal abuse that would attach itself to a bloke behaving in this way.

what I don't get is why they put up with it. if your partner is actively preventing you from doing things you would enjoy, for no obvious and justifiable reason, then he/she's got to go. obviously there are limits and different circumstances where kids might be involved for example, but the general idea that you'd sign yourself for a life of not just compromise but outright capitulation is just baffling.

I may have told this story before but in my younger days I met up with a girl for a drink - I think it was about only the second time we'd met up. I asked her what she wanted and she said a Bacardi and coke, so off I go and get the order in. I bring it back to the table and she complains that it isn't diet coke and there wasn't a lemon in it. I told her she'd asked for Bacardi and coke and that's what it is. but that wasn't a suitable answer and she requested that I go back to the bar to change it for diet coke and get a lemon shoved in.

at that point I just told her this whole thing was a waste of my time and explained that if her behaviour was like this now then I was in for a world of pain in the future. most reasonable people would have got what they were given (bought) and been grateful. the self-entitled attitude was an instant deal breaker and off I went, leaving her in there. I wouldn't have dreamt of backing a drink she'd bought for me had it been the 'wrong' brand of lager or whatever.

little signs like that are what people do not pick up on, or let slide, and then you end up with a snowball of entitlement the size of a f*cking house.

I have had countless arguments with people in bars and pubs etc on similar issues of entitlement. few things grind my gears as much.

I found all those anecdotes quite amusing, I wouldn't say it was a "woman" thing though, men can be just as domineering and critical of their partner. Don't ask me why some people are blind to their partner being an A-hole, blind love? Domestic violence against men is more common than you might think, at least according to this website https://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/d...s-its-no-joke/

At the risk of sounding like Claire Rayner you call your other half a "partner" for a reason, it is a partnership where you are supposed to share; give and take, forgive etc. Life's golden rule; don't be a cock.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I'd rather be single than be scared to drink a beer if the
    Mrs found out or not be able to go out with my mates once
    a week or to the football now and again.

I still don't understand how some women behave and
    sometimes it doesn't matter what you do you can never
    keep them happy all the time and they constantly moan.

I don't buy into men being 'just as bad'. Of course you get the odd nutter who will control his partner etc.. But I'd confidently say in my experience there's far more women with this behaviour than there are men.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    There are countless examples of this the world over and, like you, I just don't get it.

I've always assumed this to be the woman, desperately unhappy, projecting her frustrations on the bloke and using that control as some minor form of purpose to her otherwise meaningless existence.

I know of plenty of people who would easily fit into your descriptions. lets face it though, it isn't just a woman thing. more than enough men are controlling, bullying and just outright unreasonable. however women are seemingly able to get away with it without the stigma of general spousal abuse that would attach itself to a bloke behaving in this way.

what I don't get is why they put up with it. if your partner is actively preventing you from doing things you would enjoy, for no obvious and justifiable reason, then he/she's got to go. obviously there are limits and different circumstances where kids might be involved for example, but the general idea that you'd sign yourself for a life of not just compromise but outright capitulation is just baffling.

I may have told this story before but in my younger days I met up with a girl for a drink - I think it was about only the second time we'd met up. I asked her what she wanted and she said a Bacardi and coke, so off I go and get the order in. I bring it back to the table and she complains that it isn't diet coke and there wasn't a lemon in it. I told her she'd asked for Bacardi and coke and that's what it is. but that wasn't a suitable answer and she requested that I go back to the bar to change it for diet coke and get a lemon shoved in.

at that point I just told her this whole thing was a waste of my time and explained that if her behaviour was like this now then I was in for a world of pain in the future. most reasonable people would have got what they were given (bought) and been grateful. the self-entitled attitude was an instant deal breaker and off I went, leaving her in there. I wouldn't have dreamt of backing a drink she'd bought for me had it been the 'wrong' brand of lager or whatever.

little signs like that are what people do not pick up on, or let slide, and then you end up with a snowball of entitlement the size of a f*cking house.

I have had countless arguments with people in bars and pubs etc on similar issues of entitlement. few things grind my gears as much.
    Well this is another example of you not understanding the residual affects of societies past ways .
    Women have been downtrodden in this country for centuries ,they had a particular requirement for men cook, clean and f@ck! and that was it ,men never even gave a thought that his wife or partner might have aspirations outside of the kitchen or bedroom ,thing like art or music or even (show horror) working for their own money as opposed to relying on the bloke. But that's how things were ,what we are seeing now is a kind of backlash. I do not condone any of the acts of some women but i understand where it came for. Women were not always like this so it is not part of their DNA ,but they a re product of their environment .

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Well this is another example of you not understanding the residual affects of societies past ways .
    Women have been downtrodden in this country for centuries ,they had a particular requirement for men cook, clean and f@ck! and that was it ,men never even gave a thought that his wife or partner might have aspirations outside of the kitchen or bedroom ,thing like art or music or even (show horror) working for their own money as opposed to relying on the bloke. But that's how things were ,what we are seeing now is a kind of backlash. I do not condone any of the acts of some women but i understand where it came for. Women were not always like this so it is not part of their DNA ,but they a re product of their environment .
    Not interested.

once again, I don't carry the burden of my ancestors and so, for me, there is no excuse for any sh*tbag behaviour sent in my direction. sometimes you can look too deep into a problem when the reality is simply that some women (see also 'some people') are just self-absorbed, self-entitled, vacuous twats.

the idea that pokers mother in law denies her husband a beer because of the plight of the suffragettes is absurd. much more likely is that he's a nightmare after a drink, she's concerned about his health or she's just a miserable old bag.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Women have been downtrodden in this country for centuries ,they had a particular requirement for men cook, clean and f@ck!
    I'd agree that women have had a long history of being second or third class citizens the world over (not just "this country") but we have at least made some progress. Tell that to Claire Balding when she compares her salary to Gary Linekar? Sure, we are not perfect but if I was a woman I'm of the view I'd want to be a British woman or an American woman where at least my human rights are respected. Try being a woman in Saudi Arabia in 2017 where you are not allowed to drive, to leave the country without the accompaniment of a man or his express permission for example. They were only allowed to vote in 2015 ffs! Stop beating up your country of origin Specs (you were born here right, in Bristol?), there is a lot of things we've been getting right in the past 50 or 60 years, and we way ahead of most countries when it comes to women's rights.

She believes he drinks too much but I don't think he drinks anymore or less than the average bloke.

Another example I forgot to mention was with another mate of mine from Kent.

Now I met my mate 10 years ago at Heathrow and we played in a band together. At the time he only lived around the corner from me, but one day his Mrs decides she wants to quit her job and move back to Kent.

So she finds another job and he continues on at Heathrow because he's on a good screw as a security trainer.. but now he has to commute ever day.

We went to go and see them because I keep in contact and whilst out having a Tapas she's telling us how my mate is looking good for a job closer to Kent.

Oh, at this stage it's worth pointing out they had a baby and my mate's Mrs went from full time to part time in her new job so she could look after their now 2 year old.

So she's telling us how Chris needs to be closer to home because she needs more support with their little daughter.

He does earliest, so he leaves at 2:30am and gets home around 3pm. He then has to take over the care of their daughter because my mate's wife needs a break!!!

Fair enough, but she continues that she needs him closer because all the time he's traveling to and from work it's too long away and, costs too much in petrol.

So sitting there listening to all this I announce I have a solution!

Why doesn't Chris (my mate) move to part time so he has less travelling (only twice a week) and he can care for the little one and you could go full time with your work only being around the corner. What you'd lose in his full time wages you'd save in petrol?

Well.... you could pin point the moment she SHAT herself with that suggestion. "Well....no....but.....well....we couldn't... the child needs her mother."

Haha. Yeah right. We laughed about afterwards but everyone could tell I called her out then and there.

My duchess said on the way home - "Be careful"

"Why? Because she's not willing to make the same sacrifices she's telling her husband to make?"

'Entitlement'

Unbelievable.

Yeah, that is the point when money and petrol costs talk. If your mate hasn't got the gumption to point out that moving to Kent is a stupid idea in financial terms (come on how much does it cost for her to tootle off to Kent mid-week every now and then?) then more fool him. He should have been a man at that point and presented her with the sums. Holidays abroad and new wardrobes can be very persuasive...