Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Women! Eh!?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post

mate, nobody has posted more words about the plight of women around the world on this forum than me. however, for me, it isn't a reasonable explanation for why somebody should carry that attitude.

There is an argument that women, in general, have never been less happy in the Western world and there is probably a lot of truth in that. the funniest thing is, if we men think we have it tough, the biggest enemy of women is other women.
    I think some attitudes women take today are a direct if not over the top reaction to centuries of inequality.

I have said it before and i'll say it here again in THIS topic.
    The proliferation of the internet has given a massive steroid boost to every ill that lies within the human psyche .
    It has produced a warped sense of power to the degree that society has not been able to catch up with changing attitudes.
    The internet has produced basically a new gold rush mentality ,extreme frontiersmanship.(sic.)

It was never like this before ,so why now that coincidentally with the changes in equality laws that women have started being alpha in the household.
    Personally i like strong minded women ,but not to the point of them being disrespectful which is what i think some of crossed the line into.

Reading all this really makes me appreciate my wife. Been happily married for 16 years and there a 3 reasons why I know I picked a partner for life. Firstly, She never asks what I spend my money on. Second, she never questions my parenting skills and Thirdly and most importantly she never complains when I put the footy on!.

Nice one Seamus.

It's good to hear a successful story.

Haha: Good one my son.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    I think some attitudes women take today are a direct if not over the top reaction to centuries of inequality.
    I think you're right. and I also think there is a direct correlation between those that 'feel the pain' of the centuries of inequality and those women that display the sorts of undesirable character traits we're discussing.

an overcompensation of their status due to their own insecurity and lack of contentment with their place in the world. I dare say the happiest women are those that have unconsciously removed the shackles around their ankles and go about their business in their own skin, using their own personal experiences responding to the actual world they live in, as opposed to the one their great grandmother lived in.

I have said it before and i'll say it here again in THIS topic.
    The proliferation of the internet has given a massive steroid boost to every ill that lies within the human psyche .
    It has produced a warped sense of power to the degree that society has not been able to catch up with changing attitudes.
    The internet has produced basically a new gold rush mentality ,extreme frontiersmanship.(sic.)
    again, all very true. and this has manifested itself hideously in the world of women just as much, if not more so, than men. vain, vacuous, banal trivialities are thrust into our mindsets as goals to be strived for. women famous for nothing more than marrying, or being sired by, a man with a lot of money are portrayed as role models and the free clothes they wear as a form of subliminal advertising are pushed as "must have!".

women that make different choices to the accepted 'feminist norms' such as remaining a housewife, supporting pro life or the political right in general are hounded by the rabid sisterhood who remain eerily quiet on the genuine suffering of women in other parts of the world that the internet, ironically, gives them a great platform to shine a light on.

It was never like this before ,so why now that coincidentally with the changes in equality laws that women have started being alpha in the household.
    Personally i like strong minded women ,but not to the point of them being disrespectful which is what i think some of crossed the line into.
    for sure. strong minded people, in general, are my type of people. I like a person to call a spade a spade. some people, obviously, are just twats and their gender has barely any significance in that.

however, I think modern feminism is pushing women into a place where they are simply unhappy and we're all suffering as a result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40858323

anyone else smell "bullsh*t"?
    Haha!

Big time. The duchess said to me that when the kidnappers found out she is a mother they decided to let her go.

Like, all of a sudden got morals...

Nah mate.

I believe that the most hardened of gangster can respect the role of a Mother in life. You never know!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40858323

anyone else smell "bullsh*t"?

I thought the whole thing was some sort of publicity stunt from the beginning.

I mean what sort of kidnapper would take his victim out for breakfast and to buy new shoes?

very attractive girl i thought but not one i'd ask on a date!