Will he openly support his beloved Spanish
    side against his current employers?

Gareth Bale must also be thrilled to return
    to Spurs with his Real Madrid team.
    Will he be booed at Wembley or get a warm
    reception from the Tottenham fans?

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    As always united get an easy group
    Not quite, No team likes a trip to Moscow and Basel and Benfica have history against us. We should of course qualify from the group but I think City have the easiest draw. Celtic will be lucky to finish 3rd in their group - which is the obvious target there and yeah Spurs have a tough one!.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Not quite, No team likes a trip to Moscow and Basel and Benfica have history against us. We should of course qualify from the group but I think City have the easiest draw. Celtic will be lucky to finish 3rd in their group - which is the obvious target there and yeah Spurs have a tough one!.

Uniteds group is easy compared to most others. I can't remember the last time they got one of the big boys in their group. It is the easiest also. Not sure why you think City have an easier group. They have napoli who are a top team and better than any in Uniteds group. Shaktar away is just as tough as benfica away. And feyenoord are tougher than Basel and probably as good as benfica so city have a tricky one

A bit disappointed about the draw for my team Feyenoord. Would have loved to see at least one big gun like Real Madrid or Juventus in our group. Though we might be able to compete for at least a 3rd place and Europa League football or maybe even more if our home games go our way. In our last two Europa League campaigns we managed to beat the Pot 1 team at home (Sevilla in 2014 and Man Utd in 2016) and they ended up as winner of the cup. I bet Shakhtar will be happy with drawing us

Our schedule looks quite similar as our Europa League group last year

Code:
    CL 2017           EL 2016
    Man. City (H)     Man. United (H)
    Napoli (A)        Fenerbahce (A)
    Shakhtar (H)      Zorya (H)
    Shakhtar (A)      Zorya (A)
    Man. City (A)     Man. United (A)
    Napoli (H)        Fenerbahce (H)

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    Uniteds group is easy compared to most others. I can't remember the last time they got one of the big boys in their group.
    Maybe because under the old Champions League draw system, United were in Pot 1 with the 'big boys'!. Its worth remembering also that the last time United got Basel and Benfica in the group stages we got knocked out!.