Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Neymar worth world record 196 million?/Mbappe

Is Neymar worth world record 196 million?/Mbappe

PSG are reported to be close now to triggering
    Neymar's release clause of 196 m and signing him from Barcelona.
    Is the Brazil forward really worth such a world record transfer fee?

the fee is, clearly, borderline offensive.

however, you've got a global superstar being lured by cash rich Qataris to a club that is otherwise largely undesirable. that will ensure the money being tossed around is doubly obscene.

I have my doubts that it will actually happen though.

He's worth at least double that.

He got skills!

You got to wonder, even at this age, what Messi would go for. Then look at the price for a much younger and mostly similar to Messi.

Being Brazilian adds a few quid to the deal it seems and the minimum fee release clause is there to make sure that no-one buys him, unless it's a really stupid offer.

He could make them a mint in marketing. Could be a wise move. It's not like they're worried by money spent.

It looks like this crazy transfer really is going ahead!

Lionel Messi is reported to have said good bye to Neymar on social media.

What happened to financial fair play?

How can PSG who are backed by Arab oil money be allowed by FIFA to do this deal?

How much money will the agent who ever it is make from this?

I think the financial fair play won't effect them. Something to do with them being able to balance the books somehow. I understand he wants to be the star of a team so he has a better chance of winning the ballon dor but PSG is a strange choice. I wonder if he got in contact with city would they have tried for him. Being at a smaller club in a smaller league mightnt help his chances. It'll be all about the Champions league if he wants recognition.

Are you saying PSG is a smaller club than Man City? One of the reasons that is said to have influenced him is that lot of he's Brazil team mates are playing there and nike is the main sponsor of PSG or something. It's a crazy fee but Ronaldo was pretty big back then but after few years it seemed like Real got him for peanuts.
    Uefa doesn't seem to pay much interest to FFP or why haven't they said anything about city spending 300 million in this window. I read PSG has even bigger revenue than them. There's too many ways to get past FFP that it's pretty pointless it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    Are you saying PSG is a smaller club than Man City?
    No but the french league is a smaller league. He would probably have to win the Champions league to get the ballon dor but at city he could probably do it with a league win or player of the year and a good run in the Champions league

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    No but the french league is a smaller league. He would probably have to win the Champions league to get the ballon dor but at city he could probably do it with a league win or player of the year and a good run in the Champions league
    It's hard to say. He can still win it if he wins the world cup or at least has a good one.

Neymar will sign a 5 year contract worth 500K per week!

I find it hard to believe that PSG wont be breaking any FFP rules over this obscene transfer.