Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Leicester City-11th Aug-7.45pm

Arsenal v Leicester City-11th Aug-7.45pm

Arsenal's new signing Alexander Lacazette will make his
    PL debut at home in this Friday night match against Leicester City.
    The Foxes start the season with Craig Shakespeare as coach and
    have made a couple of new signings like Harry Maguire from Hull.
    The Gunners have no CL football this time so can concentrate on
    at least trying to finish in top 4 but a challenge for the title is unlikely.

Brilliant start Xhaka out jumped by the shortest man on the pitch for the Leicester goal . Pathetic !

nice! Xhaka sets up the second goal for Leicester ! Typical! mental agility of a sloth!

Xhaka footspeed is exposed against this team ,what i been saying since i seen the bloke! But his speed of thought is even more unsettling!

No surprise no one has come in for Ozil this summer ,and this game is a good indication as to why! Absolutely crap ,boy needs to step it up!
    great to se Giroud save us again a player we HAVE to keep this season. A team player to the highest degree even though he doesn't get the amount of playing time he deserves always making the right decision on the pitch for the team. If Wenger thinks this result irons out all the kinks in this game he is delusional . No way do we play Xhaak and Elneny together in fact Xhaka would have to see the bench for me even though he got an assist . He cost us two goal made terrible passes all game ,got caught on the ball too much and still looked alleles as to solve any of it after a seasons in this league . He rubbish and needs to be sold if any mug will take him.
    Ozil was just sloppy all game slow as F@ck ,saw that head down when he got caught on the ball ,even this early in the season . Complaining to other teammates when he messed up ,when he should be running his ass off trying to rectify his many mistakes . Usually that sort of play is punished by managers.
    3 points that i knew we'd get as we always wear this lot out ,but so many flaws with the players that started for us ,but give the Wenger credit for bringing on the right subs who got us over the line in the end .

What a scintillating game, so glad the PL is back!Tremendous fight back by Arsenal, the discussion about the blatant hand ball by Ozil aside, it was a victory snatched from the jaws of defeat. Leicester look very combative and likely to cause a few problems with the big boys this season. Arsenal fans have to be worried about defence, it looked shaky to say the best. Just annoyed I rested Giroud in my fantasy team, I never thought he would be needed tonight!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

FT
    Arsenal 4-3 Leicester

Cracking game to start the new season!

Poor defending by Arsenal tonight

Leicester will feel that they should have at least got a draw.

I thought Jamie Vardy looked very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    What a scintillating game, so glad the PL is back!Tremendous fight back by Arsenal, the discussion about the blatant hand ball by Ozil aside, it was a victory snatched from the jaws of defeat. Leicester look very combative and likely to cause a few problems with the big boys this season. Arsenal fans have to be worried about defence, it looked shaky to say the best. Just annoyed I rested Giroud in my fantasy team, I never thought he would be needed tonight!
    I hope Wenger looks at the video of this game and see's what i saw, which was a poor performances by the players i mentioned and bench them.
    Xhaka put us in a whole that few team get out of ,he was trash the entire game. Even the law of averages will have a player make at least 2 or 3 good passes over the course of 90 minutes ,even i could do that at my age in that game . So i don't think he should be starting if Wenger is sane ,because if he plays like that against any team in the top 6 it will be almost impossible to get anything out it.
    That being said Wenger did show some sort of plan b when he went back to a back 4 brought on more attackers and changed the game , but i am not going to be convinced in his decisions until he recognizes the flaws i Ozil and Xhaka and sits them. Ozil was our only creative player in the middle and he was pants! not only was he pants he walked around the pitch like he had no fear of paying for his mistakes by being subbed off.
    Last edited by specnur; 12-08-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Surely Giroud must start Arsenal's next PL match?
    The question is though just who does Arsene Wenger leave out?

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    I hope Wenger looks at the video of this game and see's what i saw, which was a poor performances by the players i mentioned and bench them.
    Xhaka put us in a whole that few team get out of ,he was trash the entire game. Even the law of averages will have a player make at least 2 or 3 good passes over the course of 90 minutes ,even i could do that at my age in that game . So i don't think he should be starting if Wenger is sane ,because if he plays like that against any team in the top 6 it will be almost impossible to get anything out it.
    That being said Wenger did show some sort of plan b when he went back to a back 4 brought on more attackers and changed the game , but i am not going to be convinced in his decisions until he recognizes the flaws i Ozil and Xhaka and sits them. Ozil was our only creative player in the middle and he was pants! not only was he pants he walked around the pitch like he had no fear of paying for his mistakes by being subbed off.
    I sincerely hope Wenger doesn't see what Specnur saw.

Xhaka's passing was world class and created 2 of our 4 goals to help Arsenal get 3 points.

Without him Arsenal lose the game 3-2.

Not only another predicable season under Wenger but another season of this clown.