Thread: Tottenham v Chelsea-20th August-4pm

Tottenham v Chelsea-20th August-4pm

Tottenham won their first game of season 2-0
    away at Newcastle and now play opening home fixture
    at Wembley stadium with a massive crowd expected.
    Chelsea had a disaster in their first match losing 3-2 at
    home to Burnley and they also had Gary Cahill and Fabregas
    both sent off who will be suspended for this encounter.

Hoping that Chelseas title defence is as good as last time!.

Looking forward to this, despite Chelsea's poor showing last weekend, the absence of Cahill and Fabregas, I expect them to give us a hard game. They always do when it comes to Spurs, though in latter years we have managed to turn the table on them a few times.
    On paper you have to fancy Spurs, but this league is nothing if not unpredictable.

Tottenham 2 Chelsea 0
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Chelsea have lost only two of their last 17 matches in all
    competitions against Tottenham Hotspur (W8 D7 L2).

But Spurs haven't lost a Premier League London derby
    at home under Mauricio Pochettino (W9 D4 L0).

How is Dembele the most creative threat in the middle of the park and the most defensive player as well?
    How good is this player ? Making a mockery of overrate players like Kante and Dier and completely justifying why he has been my favorite player in football for theist 4 years.
    BY the way that's red card for Dier any other player ,especially a black one,. would have gotten a straight red without question and we all know that .
    Last edited by specnur; 20-08-2017 at 03:45 PM.

FT
    Tottenham 1-2 Chelsea

Spurs Wembley jinx continues!
    Marcos Alonso was brilliant today.
    Its crazy that he has never played for Spain before.
    If he has been here long enough why cant he turn out for England.
    will Harry Kane ever score a goal in August?

pathetic goalkeeping from Lloris gifted them the game, he actually moved out of the way of the ball ffs.

big morale booster for Chelsea after last week although it wasn't exactly convincing. still, with Hazard still to return you can only expect improvement to come. I'm not sure how well equipped Morata and Batshuayi are for a title surge though to be honest.

Really disappointed to get nitto from the game, Spurs played really well at times and on another day could have stolen the game if it weren't for the woodwork. I'm encouraged by the performance if not the result. As Poch says, if we continue to play like that at "home" we'll win more than we lose.

Great free kick by Alonso to get the first goal btw, it cannot be denied, millimetre perfect. A rare mistake by Lloris, just when it looked a draw or a Spurs win was the more likely, to give him the winning goal. The devil vomits in my kettle once again!

On more positive news, I really like the seat I have as a season ticket holder at Wembley this season, the view is great!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!